PLEASE APPLY HERE --> http://bit.ly/2B3tIuE
About the Organization:
Rock Church is San Diego’s largest church and the 19th largest church in the United States, according to Outreach Magazine's 2014 "100 Largest Churches in America" report. Rock Church is also the most diverse church in the nation. Pastor Miles McPherson,
a former NFL player, started Rock Church in 2000. Each Sunday over 20,000 people attend The Rock’s 15 Sunday services at four multisite campuses, watch online, and visit over 20 microsites.
The Rock Church Marketing Communications Team is a creative agency made up of designers and influencers. We believe, in today’s oversaturated world of advertising, success is found in being uniquely you & connecting on a relational level with your market.
Our Marketing Communication Team is on a mission to expand our reach and build awareness around 200+ Ministries that range from our surfing and MMA outreaches to our prison and prostitution ministries. We run our Do Something Church Conference that teaches
other churches how to grow their volunteers and increases their ministry outreach efforts.
Size - 18,000+
Denomination - Non-Denominational
Location - San Diego, CA
Why We’re a Great Place To Work
Here’s an inside look about who we are.
We take our work seriously. We’re aware that what we do daily changes the lives of people all over the world. This is work that matters.
We also take our fun seriously. There’s a reason our team member retention rate is above the national average.
We’re a great place to work because we offer you a chance to use your passion to help us change lives and change the world.
This is a workplace where growth is constantly happening, the church is a leading force nationally and where you’ll find personal and professional growth. It’s a dynamic and fun environment, and we offer a really awesome benefits package.
Weekly Staff Meeting
About the Position:
The Copywriter at Rock Church will be a hands-on, dedicated marketer who is looking to establish and advance their career in a fun and fast-paced environment.
The Copywriter will join our Content Development team, which serves the content needs of our web properties, and work closely with our Church Marketing Communication team.
An outstanding writer / copywriter who can produce engaging, motivating marketing materials that will encourage even more families to attend Rock Church and get involved in the community will be ideal for this role.
What We Are Searching For / Qualifications:
The following describes many of the characteristics of the ideal candidate for the Copywriter:
A bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, journalism, or a similar track is required.
2 or more years of experience as a copywriter or writer for a company or church is required.
- Model a Christian character at work, home, and in social life.
- Exhibit grace under pressure.
- Strive to uphold the staff values.
- Possess a Christian maturity.
- Agreement with Rock Church’s Statement of Faith, theology, with a commitment to living that out, as well as adhering to the communication guidelines of Rock Church to uphold the overall vision of the church.
- Willingness to serve in and/or outside the church.
- An upstanding character of integrity.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent grasp of English language.
- Creative and innovative thinker and planner.
- Confident in producing work across multiple platforms.
- Able to align multiple brand strategies and ideas.
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
- Self-motivated and self-directed.
- Ability to work independently or as an active member of a team.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel) and Google Docs.
- Good interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of management.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ideal candidate will have a positive attitude and be a problem-solver.
- Familiarity with keyword placement and SEO.\
- A story-teller and story-creator who can dig deep and get to the heart of a ministry to tell its story in an engaging way.
- Someone who is excellence minded – who comes to work every day wanting to create the best church marketing content in the world.
- A versatile writer who can develop copy for a variety of mediums and outlets, as well as produce significant daily content on a ministry, sharing stories, and more.
- A multitasking, independent, go getter who crushes out work in a quality way, thinks strategically, takes criticism well.
- A connector who coordinates and seeks out the right people to get the work done.
About the Location:
San Diego is California's second largest city, perhaps best known for its 70 miles of majestic coastline and gentle Mediterranean climate. Bordered by the Pacific Ocean, San Diego is home to two professional sports teams, over 200 museums, and several award-wining
amusement parks, making it a premier tourist destination for millions each year.
As a major port city, San Diego hosts one of the largest naval fleets in the world. With several national defense contractors headquartered in the city, nearly 5 percent of all civilian jobs are now military related. International trade and biotechnology
are also major contributors to San Diego’s economy, and with over 30 universities and colleges, San Diego is ranked as the ‘Ninth Smartest City’ in America by CNNMoney.com.
With a city rich with cultural and ethnic diversity, where thousands of young families and singles are being drawn to every year, it is no wonder why Rock Church has experienced the growth it has as their impact is felt throughout the city of San Diego.
PLEASE APPLY HERE --> http://bit.ly/2B3tIuE