We presently have a need for a Youth Pastor. We are located in Mt. Carmel, IL. We are Pentecostal in faith similar to the Assemblies of God. We have a church of about one hundred and fifty people where God is moving and is currently bringing
us to a new level in Him. We have a vision to reach our city of seven thousand people. This in the past has been a part time position. I am convinced the right individual could evolve to full time. I have seen the right staff member in a neighboring church
in our city make a tremendous impact and more than pay their salary.
Our church is well established with roots dating back to the early 1900’s. Mt. Carmel was founded by three Methodist ministers with the intent to make it a Christian community. Our vision is to see Mt. Carmel return to those Christian values.
The church maintains a middle of the road between charismatic and traditional Pentecost.
We live in a small community forty miles north of Evansville Indiana. Mt. Carmel is a very close knit community with access to shopping minutes away. Our facility seats 350 people and we believe God will fill the house. Across the street from
our church is an activity building for youth equipped with basketball and volleyball equipment. We would like to see this building open for junior and senior youth activities on a regular basis. We also have a smaller facility for small-group meetings.
The candidate would need to have a desire to work with youth and young couples. Be able to organize and direct activities, Bible studies, etc. for teens and young couples.
We are involved with a homeless shelter, a food and clothing distribution center, life recovery, and other community outreach projects, that has changed the landscape of our church. There is a passion to change our city and not just have church
Housing and utilities will be part of the compensation.
Please contact: Pastor Tony Hodgson
- Be filled with the baptism as described in Acts chapter 2 with the evidence of speaking in tongues.
- Identify with Romans 8:26. Be able to intercede in the spirit.
- Be able to handle diversions/ distractions of the enemy in a service or individual ministry.
- Have the anointing to bring peace to families in time of sickness or loss.
- Be in agreement with the Tenets of Faith.
- Be active in church special functions, picnics, dinners, etc.
- Tithe regularity to the church.
- Dress code – We request modest apparel, Ladies no plunging neck lines in service or business hours. Please dress as an example displaying a spirit of excellence as found in the book of Daniel.
- Church attendance is mandatory except for sickness and approved vacation time.
- No addictions to alcohol, prescription drugs, tobacco, vapor products, or any chemical substance.
- Abstain from pornography and complete faithfulness to your spouse is essential.
- Be comfortable visiting hospitals and nursing homes and praying for the sick.
- Be able to deal with those bound by demonic strongholds and addictive behavior.
- Absence because of family events are acceptable when pre-approved.
- Faithfully supervise all youth functions and plan youth and young couples events.
- Since the desire is to have a husband-wife team, the wife would need to share the same burden for youth, young couples, and ideally help with children’s activities.
- Ideally the candidate/ spouse would have musical ability and be able to assist in worship. This is not required.
- It is important to understand ministry cannot be defined on paper. Other assignments outside your job description may be necessary. It is our desire for this to be a ministry. Ministry is a lifestyle not an occupation. Should the
candidate have any weakness in pastoral ministry, this should be discussed during the interview. (Knowing we all have weaknesses)
- Attend faithfully Pastor’s Prayer time Friday mornings. (Work permitting)
- Be in the office one morning a week if needed. (Work Permitting)
We understand that fulfilling all of these requests in one couple may not be possible. Our main goal is to find a couple that God desires to be at Heartland.