Northland Church in Orlando, Florida is hiring a Student Ministries Pastor. This Pastor will be responsible for bringing students to maturity in Christ.
- Communicate the philosophy and overall direction of ministry to staff and volunteers; and ensure the doctrine of Northland is also communicated and furthered.
- Oversee the planning and programming of student ministries at the Northland Longwood campus and beyond.
- Develop and shepherd a team that will in turn shepherd students from grades 6-12. This team will consist of parents, staff and volunteers.
- Oversee the budget.
- Seek to integrate student ministries into all phases of church life to create a culture that is intentionally intergenerational, striving to unite with and complement other church ministries.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Facilitate the Doulos program - pouring into the student leaders and providing accountability to enable them to be able to disciple younger students.
- Provide for a wider discipleship process.
- Support adult volunteers, training them in the philosophy and function of Student Ministry.
- Plan and execute attractional events that students can invite their friends as they seek to witness to them.
- Create environments - day trips, camps and retreats - that further each level of involvement.
- Equip students to reach their campus and friends.
- Partner with ministries and groups that meet on school campuses to evangelize our community
- Select, supervise and mentor True North Student Ministry summer interns.
- Have a presence at worship gatherings and church-wide events, making connections with families and students. Periodically throughout the year preach the main message to the congregation.
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Attend and serve at all current student ministry gatherings, retreats, etc.
- Live a life surrendered to Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- Have a demonstrated call to serve the Church and the expansion of God’s Kingdom here on earth through the planting of churches via the distributed model, and a life worthy of the calling.
- Have a call to Student Ministry, a gift for leading, and a love of students
- Have a passion for evangelism and outreach, both personally and at the ministry level, with a minimum of 3 years of full time Student Ministry experience.
- Have experience with leading youth ministries of 200+ students.
- Be an engaging teacher, with a strong biblical and theological background who is in agreement with Northland’s Statement of Faith.
- Be a self-motivated leader, capable of casting and imparting vision for ministry, possessing relational skills with students, parents, volunteer leaders, and staff.
- B.S. or B.A undergraduate degree from an accredited college, or university.
- A grounded theological perspective of who God is and what He says He has done.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please submit resume and written Christian testimony to email@example.com. Please include in that email a short welcome video (1-3 minutes in length) that gives us a chance to see and hear from you! Feel free to talk briefly
about what God is doing in your life right now and share with us why you are applying for this job.