The Production Director oversees all aspects of audio, video, and lighting supporting the various ministries of the church. The Production Director has the ability to build and lead the volunteer weekend Production Team, establish and maintain serving schedules,
recruit and train new volunteers, and evaluate performance of volunteer production team members. They will remain proficient on technical and production equipment, maintain all technical equipment, and assist with stage sets and designs.
Following are a list of responsibilities for this position. With all positions in a growing church, this position will need to be flexible and evolve as the needs of the ministry dictate.
- Overseeing all production elements for the weekend services, including online services.
- Supporting the production needs of all other ministries in the church such as Next Gen, Discipleship, and Connections.
- Recruiting, training and developing Production volunteers.
- Serving as one of the Producers for weekly services and Special Events
- Overseeing the Production budget and forecasting future needs.
- Participating in weekly church staff meetings as well as the weekly production meetings.
- Shepherding the Production Team volunteers.
- Overseeing the purchase, maintenance, and care of all Worship and Production equipment.
- Overseeing the planning and implementation of all stage designs, layouts, and implementations
- Team Builder: Able to develop teams who will help create.
- Proactive: Acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the creative teams.
- Communicator: Able to communicate confidently and concisely with people.
- Efficient: Able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort.
- Detail Oriented: Does not let important details slip through the cracks.
- Technical expertise in audio, video, and lighting.
- 3-5 years experience leading a production team, ministry experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred