General Summary of Position
Pursue Your Own Growth Spiritually, Musically And As A Leader
As a pastor and leader, we are looking for a man who is self-motivated and desires to grow as a Christ follower and leader. You will be challenged to increase your intimacy with Christ and hone your God-given gifts as you fulfill your calling.
Prayer And Studying God’s Word
As a leader within the church it is important that you are sitting at Jesus’ feet. Cultivating a life of prayer and studying God’s Word are essential to being a Spirit-led leader.
Lead Your Family Well
A man who doesn’t lead his family has no business leading in God’s church. It is essential that your home life is in order.
Be Comfortable With a Variety Of Worship Styles
We understand that worship takes place in the heart. At Family Life Fellowship, we desire worship styles that are similar to Bethel, Church of the Highlands, Hillsong, and Elevation.
Spiritually And Musically Lead Congregation In Worship
This is a non-negotiable. Leading a song is much different than leading people in worship. This should include short, relevant and pointed teaching on worship, scriptures, and postures of worship. The leader should be consistently calling the congregation
to action, reflection and praise.
Work In Unity With The Staff and Creative Team Members
Coordinate with the teaching so that the Weekend Experience flows and compliments the text and message each week. Diligence to ensure the theological accuracy of songs is a must. Any audio/visual needs to optimize retention, communication and excellence
should be addressed.
Build Musical Worship Teams (Sunday Teams, Youth Ministry Teams, and Special Events)
Collaborate with other Ministry Heads to develop Worship Teams that are in line with their ministry vision.
Identify, Invite, Invest And Inspire New Members Of The Team
To make disciples is the goal of every ministry. Our desire is to see a multi-generational Worship Team that is consistently adding new members, empowering, and growing them both spiritually and musically to maturity.
Utilize The Growth Track Process To Develop Individuals
We have a process in place that is an excellent resource to help cultivate individuals and teams. It is important that you engage, promote and hold people accountable to this process.
Attend And Actively Participate In Staff Meetings
Staff meetings are held biweekly. This is a mandatory meeting. This is where day to day operations and ministry collaboration takes place. This meeting is how we keep a pulse on what is going on in other ministries and bring our challenges and opportunities
for feedback and resolution. You will be expected to actively participate in these meetings.
Meet Biweekly With Key Leaders In Your Ministry (Phone, In Person, or Email)
Part of our leadership dynamic is a constant awareness of what is going on within the ministry you oversee, specifically in your leaders. Consistent communication with your staff / key leaders in a way that draws out challenges and opportunities and brings
resolution and direction is important.
Meet On A Regular Basis With Entire Worship Team (Quarterly)
Allowing a time for the whole team to get together and bond is critical. This is also a good time to share future direction and vision with the whole ministry team.
Pastoral Care For The Congregation
We are not looking for a performer but a Pastor. A heart for people is non-negotiable and flexibility to meet pastoral needs is a must. Pastoral Care happens through weekly Small Groups, Hospital Visits, and Outreach Ministries.
Prepare Periodic Semi-Annual Updates For The Board Of Elders
You will be called upon to provide updates for your ministry to the board up to 2 times per year.
• 40 hours paid per week plus a minimum of 5 volunteer hours per week
• Lead the congregation into worship with both reflection and song
• Be present / leading 49 Sundays in the next year
• Utilize Growth Track process for developing team
• Schedule teams and song selection 2-4 weeks in advance
• Utilize Planning Center to update schedules, songs, people and chord charts
• Provide technical training for musicians and vocalists
• Service and maintain, or delegate to be done, all FLF owned instruments
• Establish culture of practicing in advance of rehearsals
• Organize and oversee rehearsals
• Introduce new music regularly with excellence
• Develop a full Worship Team (no solo worship as a rule of thumb)
• A specific priority is having consistent drums.
• Schedule nights of worship
• Small Group Leadership is required for all paid staff
• Personal life of devotion and worship
• Live a life worthy of leadership and patterning according to 1 Tim. 3 and Titus 1
• Be above reproach in your work with women / girls in ministry
• Engage in personal rest (including weekly Sabbath and days of solitude periodically)
• Resolve conflict quickly and in a biblical manner
• Be gracious and truthful in all interactions both in the ministry and community
• Tithe to the ministry of Family Life Fellowship
• To display a life of integrity on Social Media accounts
• Baptism in the Holy Spirit, with evidence of speaking in tongues is a must for Staff Leadership