Job Title: Family Pastor
Department: v|Kids / v|Students
Manager: Lead Pastor
I. Summary of the position:
- The purpose of the Family Pastor is to lead and oversee an effective and ministry that disciples, equips and supports the community of Vertical Church from the cradle to college and their parents.
II. Experience and Knowledge Required:
- Strong leadership and organizational skill when it comes to volunteers
- Ability to think and act independently with a high degree of creativity and organization
- Capability to handle multiple projects effectively
- Must be a strong communicator with excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Vision Casting, Leading, Recruiting and Training
- Create a safe, high energy, cutting edge, contemporary learning environment for the children and students
- Create opportunities to engage students for discipleship and community
- Work with discipleship Pastor for discipleship systems for Missional Communities
- Oversee overall Curriculum for Children and Students
- Recruit, Train, and Lead servant leaders for Children and Student Ministries
- Equip and Encourage Parents
- Prepare and manage ministry team budgets
- Help facilitate ministry growth to support the needs of the Church.
- Provide biblical counsel to individual students, families, and volunteer staff as needed.
- Additional pastoral duties—share in preaching, teaching, and administration of sacraments as directed.