General Summary of Position
Pursue Your Own Growth Spiritually, Musically And As A Leader
As a pastor and leader we are looking for a man who is self-motivated and desires to grow as a Christ follower and leader. You will be challenged to increase your intimacy with Christ and hone your God-given gifts as you fulfill your calling.
Prayer And Studying God’s Word
As a leader within the church it is important that you are sitting at Jesus’ feet. Cultivating a life of prayer and studying God’s Word are essential to being a Spirit-led leader. There should be time in your work schedule to engage the Lord.
Lead Your Family Well
A man who doesn’t lead his family has no business leading in God’s church. It is essential that your home life is in order.
Spiritually And Musically Lead Congregation In Worship
This is a non-negotiable. Leading a song is much different than leading people in worship. This should include short, relevant and pointed teaching on worship, scriptures, and postures of worship. The leader should be consistently calling the congregation
to action, reflection and praise.
Work In Unity With Teaching And Vision Pastor And Tech Director
Coordinate with the teaching so that songs reinforce and compliment the text and message each week. Diligence to ensure the theological accuracy of songs is a must. Any AV needs to optimize retention, communication and excellence should be addressed with
Build Musical Worship Teams (Sunday Teams, Youth Led Teams For Youth Ministry)
Collaborate with other Ministry Heads to develop Worship Teams that are in line with their ministry vision, specifically Youth.
Identify, Invite, Invest And Inspire New Members Of The Team
To make disciples is the goal of every ministry. Our desire is to see a multi-generational Worship Team that is consistently adding new members and growing them both spiritually and musically to maturity.
Utilize Worship Workshop Platform / Process To Develop Individuals
We have a process in place that is an excellent resource to help cultivate individuals and teams. It is important that you engage, promote and hold people accountable to this process.
Attend And Actively Participate In Weekly Ministry Heads Meetings
Ministry Head meetings are held once a week. This is a mandatory meeting. This is where day to day operations and ministry collaboration takes place. This meeting is how we keep a pulse on what is going on in other ministries and bring our challenges and
opportunities for feedback and resolution. You will be expected to actively participate in these meetings.
Meet Weekly With Key Leaders In Your Ministry (Phone Or In Person)
Part of our leadership dynamic is a constant awareness of what is going on within the ministry you oversee, specifically in your leaders. Consistent communication with your staff / key leaders in a way that draws out challenges and opportunities and brings
resolution and direction is important. The framework we use for these conversations is - Significant, Story & Support. What are you
facing or working on that is significant? What is a story of God working in your life or ministry? What support do you need? This is also the framework that we carry out the Ministry Heads meeting in.
Meet On A Regular Basis With Entire Worship Team (Monthly Or Quarterly)
Allowing a time for the whole team to get together and bond is critical. This is also a good time to share future direction and vision with the whole ministry team.
Pastoral Care For The Congregation
We are not looking for a performer but a Pastor. A heart for people is non-negotiable and flexibility to meet pastoral needs is a must.
Prepare Periodic Semi-Annual Updates For The Board Of Elders
You will be called upon to provide updates for your ministry to the board up to 2 times per year. You will be provided a format to do so.
- 40 hours paid per week plus a minimum of 5 volunteer hours per week
- Lead the congregation into worship with both reflection and song
- Be present / leading 49 Sundays in the next year
- Utilize Worship Workshop process for developing team
- Schedule teams and song selection 2-4 weeks in advance
- Utilize Planning Center to update schedules, songs, people and chord charts
- Provide technical training for musicians and vocalists
- Service and maintain, or delegate to be done, all MSC owned instruments
- Manage an annual budget for the Worship Ministry
- Establish culture of practicing in advance of rehearsals
- Organize and oversee rehearsals
- Introduce new music regularly with excellence
- Develop a full Worship Team (no solo worship as a rule of thumb)
- A specific priority is having consistent drums and or cajon
- Schedule nights of worship
- Personal life of devotion and worship
- Live a life worthy of leadership and patterning according to 1 Tim. 3 and Titus 1
- Be above reproach in your work with women / girls in ministry
- Engage in personal rest (including weekly Sabbath and days of solitude periodically)
- Resolve conflict quickly and in a biblical manner
- Be gracious and truthful in all interactions both in the ministry and community
- Tithe to the ministry of Mountain Springs Church