About Hope Community Church:
Hope Community Church was planted 11 years ago in beautiful South Reno in the shadow of the Sierra Nevada mountain range and in close proximity to Lake Tahoe. Hope is now a thriving non-denominational congregation of over 500 in weekly attendance with ministries
for all ages as well as numerous ministries that serve our city. We have a contemporary worship style, desire for innovation and an eagerness to serve and impact the city of Reno. We are a churchplanting church which has planted four other churches.
The ideal candidate for this position would be someone with an approachable, engaging worship style that is relatable to a wide variety of people. They would possess strong leadership skills to lead and train ministry teams within the areas of music, creative
arts, and multi-media. They will be a passionate worshipper and be able to engage and lead people’s hearts and point them toward Christ both on and off the stage. They would also have strong organizational and administration skills, thrive in a team oriented
staff, as well as have an eye for detail.
To create and foster an environment that celebrates Christ and draws people to God.
General Description of Duties:
- Sunday Morning Services
- Collaborate with Lead Pastor for service planning
- Lead congregation in corporate worship
- Think critically about every song and aspect of the worship service, recognizing that every element of the service is formative and communicating something to the congregation.
- Be a catalyst for creativity and innovation in service planning and church technologies
- Provide pastoral leadership to all Creative Arts teams
- Work with Lead Pastor to develop and articulate ongoing philosophy of worship.
II. Music and Media:
- Recruit and train volunteers to serve on creative arts ministry teams
- Administration/Leadership- serve as resource person for all music and media production. Develop and direct regular programs that meet spiritual and recreational needs
III. Media and Publicity:
- Use various media resources to reach the community with news about Hope Community and its ministries.
- Develop and oversee department budget (including purchases and repairs of sound and lighting equipment).
V. Other duties assigned by the Lead Pastor
The selected candidate will receive a competitive salary package with benefits based upon experience and education. If you are passionate about worship and taking an active role in leading the people of God for the good of our city and the world, we would
love to hear from you!
To apply for this opportunity please include a cover letter, a picture, your resume as well as link of you leading worship and send to: Kristen@encounterhope.org
Do NOT respond by clicking the “Apply for Job” button.