We are a thriving church in rural south-central Minnesota. We have a long history of commitment to a thriving youth ministry and a vibrant children's ministry. Worship services are a blend of traditional and contemporary. We are congregational in polity
and elder led. We are looking for a Youth Pastor who will join us in our vision to each every man, woman, and child in the state-line area with the life-chainging reality of Jesus Christ/
The ideal candidate for this position must have made a personal faith commitment to Jesus Christ alone for their salvation and must also demonstrate the reality of that relationship through a life that is growing in Christlikeness. They must be striving
to live in accordance with the Scriptural guidelines for church leaders.
The candidate must be able to endorse fully the Statement of Faith as outlined in the church constitution. A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is preferred but not required. The candidate should sense a call from God to youth ministry,
to East Chain Evangelical Free Church (ECEFC), and to the state-line community.
The Youth Pastor will develop, implement and maintain strategies that will enable ECEFC to effectively reach 6th - 12th grade students in the state-line area. These strategies will align with the ECEFC vision to reach every man, woman, and child in the state-line
area with the life-changing reality of Jesus Christ.
- Shepherd the ministries of ECEFC to 6th through 12th grade students.
- Have the ability to correctly interpret and communicate God’s word in a manner that is consistent with the authorial intent of the passage and contextualized to the youth culture of the state-line area.
- Plan and oversee all ECEFC youth activities and programs with a primary focus on Wednesday Refuge and Sunday morning equipping.
- Provide leadership and pastoral oversight to youth retreats, mission trips and other special youth events (6th - 12th grade).
- Develop redemptive relationships with the youth that encourage salvation, growth, discipleship and evangelism.
- Provide Biblical guidance and counseling to the youth as required.
- Provide Biblical guidance and counseling to parents as required.
- Equip and encourage parents to be the primary disciplers of their students.
- Encourage the youth to participate in service opportunities through the ministries of ECEFC (such as Ruby’s Pantry) and other opportunities that are in alignment with the vision and purpose of ECEFC.
- Partner with like-minded ministries to reach unsaved youth in the state-line area.
- Develop a regular presence in the local schools, sporting events and other community youth activities as permitted by the local schools and youth agencies.
- Recruit, develop, shepherd and encourage adult leaders
- Recruit, develop, shepherd and encourage student leaders
- Serve as the pastoral liaison to the Christian Education Ministry Team
- Develop and manage an annual Ministry Action Plan (MAP) that compliments the vision and purpose of ECEFC.
- Develop and manage an annual youth budget that is justified by and helps accomplish the goals of the Ministry Action Plan.
- Minister through other sacerdotal functions (preaching, weddings, funerals, baptisms, etc.) when so requested by the Lead Pastor or overseer board.
- Maintain open communication with church staff, overseer board, parents, youth, and church family, seeking to work through conflict in a Biblical manner.
- Stay up-to-date with all state and federal laws as they pertain to mandatory reporting. Ensure ECEFC is in full compliance. Ensure all ECEFC staff (paid and volunteer) are trained and compliant with said laws.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures both in terms of personal life and ministry activities that will provide a safe environment for the youth and protect the reputation of the Church of Jesus Christ from even the appearance of evil.
- Must have placed their faith in Jesus alone for their salvation and participated in water Baptism as a public testimony of that salvation. *
- Must be an active Member of ECEFC. *
- Must be willing to seek licensing and ordination through the Evangelical Free Church of America.
- Possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is preferred but not required.
- Must be growing in Christ-likeness. References required. *
- Must be willing to submit to a mandatory background check.
- Must perform the duties of their position under the authority of the Lead Pastor and overseer board.
- Must be in alignment with the vision and purpose of ECEFC and in full agreement with her by-laws, constitution, and Statement of Faith.
- Faithfully attend worship services of ECEFC *
- Faithfully attend all church-wide activities and meetings of ECEFC*
- Attend staff meetings as scheduled by the Lead Pastor
- Attend one-on-one meetings as scheduled by the Lead Pastor
- Provide weekly status updates as requested by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a growing relationship with Jesus Christ through active and regular engagement in the spiritual disciplines *
- If married, must have the full support of their spouse and have a marriage that is growing in being a visible picture of the relationship between Christ and his church (Ephesians 5).
*Required for staff spouses as well