Director of Facilities
Northside Christian Church is looking for an energetic, engaging person in our pursuit to connect unconnected people to Jesus Christ. This role will be responsible for providing leadership to the facilities team and participating in facilities operations.
This role is full-time with benefits and will report directly to the Executive Pastor. The successful candidate will be someone who is an experienced team leader, organized, able to connect well with both staff and volunteers and has the broad skill set
of a general contractor. A successful candidate member will be an active member of the NCC community. NCC is a growing community of believers with an average weekend attendance of over 5,000 people. We are an independent Christian Church that is an Elder
protected, Staff led fellowship in New Albany, Indiana.
RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE
- Provide the strategy, vision and continuous improvement to drive the facility personnel to advance the quality of service and further the ministry partnership.
- Ensure that all facilities personnel are aware of operational goals.
- Foster a collaborative teamwork environment. Promote energy and enthusiasm. Maximize productivity. Motivate employees with recognition and growth opportunities.
- Ensure facility compliance with use of the tools, systems and process.
- Establishes goals and objectives for direct reports. Conducts periodic formal and informal performance evaluations. Develops training programs.
- Ensures that individuals that show significant performance problems are coached and put on improvement plans.
- Coordinate contractor services to support facility and ministry needs
- Work with engineering and operation professionals to ensure reliability of building infrastructure and supporting operations by completing preventive maintenance and reactive work orders.
- Develop best practices and innovations to implement.
- Provide leadership for the successful implementation of special projects and initiatives.
- Coordinates responses to more complicated service issues and assures follow-up.
- Meet facility specific cost initiatives and targets.
- Develop strategic cost saving opportunities and support contracting efforts.
- Oversee the development and management of the facilities budget process.
- Acts as primary contact for service contractors and vendors.
40 hours – will include some evenings and weekends
Strong problem solving skills
Solid understanding of maintenance planning and scheduling
Excellent attention to detail and numerate accuracy
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Strong background in building maintenance (including large format HVAC systems)
Comprehensive knowledge of facilities management principles
A skill set that is more broad and general than specialized
Construction/home remodeling background and skills a plus
The physical demands of this role (considered moderate/heavy) must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, stand, talk or hear; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls. The employee is regularly required
to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Honest and trustworthy
• Integrity for work habits and results
• Ability to discern needs and respond appropriately, sensitively and proactively
• On-going desire and effort to grow more Christ-like in character
• A team player who works well with others
• Good communication skills
• Ability to work independently and finish work within deadline
• Organizational skills, particularly in a fast-paced environment
• Bachelor's Degree in related field, and/or CFM (Certified Facility Manage) credential
• Two years experience in team leadership
This is our holistic direction as Church leaders and lay leaders that we’re committed to living out in our daily life. Expectations are everything and the Word leads us in this living.
• Gathering (weekend worship experience)
• Guarding (personal growth and protection of unity)
• Grouping (involved in group life)
• Giving (time, meaningful service, & faithful financially)
• Going (willing to share faith & invest well into others)
Interested candidates should submit:
Cover letter and resume (including references) and salary requirements.