PLEASE APPLY HERE --> http://bit.ly/2FoLtYA
About the Organization:
Richwoods is a non-denominational, biblically-based community of believers. We are an independent, non-denominational church unified with the Restoration Movement, which has roots back to 1801.
The Restoration Movement was a call to unify churches based on the essentials of the New Testament: “In essentials, unity; in non-essentials, liberty; in all things, love.” Some other hallmarks of Christian Churches are the celebration of communion at every
worship service and baptism by immersion as instructed in the New Testament.
Richwoods started in September 1967 with a group of twenty-five people meeting in a basement. Our first building on Terra Vista Avenue, in Richwoods Township was dedicated on July 25, 1976 and occupied for thirty-two years.
Our Knoxville Campus building was dedicated on July 27, 2008; we launched our East Campus on January 23, 2011 and our Parkway Campus in Pekin in August of 2014 with the merger of Richwoods and Parkway Christian Church. Our East Campus closed in October
Richwoods is an autonomous church, but we are associated and work in fellowship with other Christian churches.
Location: Peoria, IL
About the Position:
The Campus Pastor at the Knoxville Campus will execute the mission and vision of Richwoods at the “local” campus level and is accountable to the Lead Pastor. The Campus Pastor is the primary pastoral connection and leader of the campus who assists people
in their spiritual journey. The Campus Pastor does this in cooperation with other staff members and ministries. The Campus Pastor also has an evangelistic vision for their campus and community, helping the campus reach outside of the church. And must serve
as a connector, facilitating community, and helping the church become sticky for those who visit.
Success in this role will be marked by: championing the DNA of Richwoods Christian Church, shepherding the people at the campus, developing the volunteer leadership strategy and overseeing the spiritual formation process, evaluating the health of the campus,
depending on key volunteers to produce quality programming and to grow the campus, and serving well on the senior leadership team as a solid manager.
What We Are Searching For / Qualifications:
The following describes many of the characteristics of the ideal candidate for the Campus Pastor:
A Bachelor’s degree is required.
The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of experience working in a healthy growing church. Experience working at a multisite church is preferred. This candidate should also have experience leading staff and volunteer teams.
- Builds Effective Teams
- Values collaboration with others
- Creates strong moral and spirit
- Shares wins and successes
- Fosters open dialogue
- Defines success in terms of the whole team
- Creates a feeling of belonging in the team
- Committed to Richwoods’ DNA and able to follow church leadership.
- Excellent Communicator
- Can host weekend services
- Dynamic Leader
- Communicates a compelling and inspired vision or sense of core purpose
- Talks beyond today
- Talks about possibilities
- Is optimistic
- Can inspire and motivate
- Uses logic and methods to solve problem with effective solutions
- Probes all fruitful sources for answers
- Is excellent at honest analysis
- Looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answer.
- Self-Starter & Self-motivated
- Initiates well without a lot of direction.
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Relates well to all kinds of people – up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the church
- Builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relations with emotional intelligence.
- Uses diplomacy and tact
- Knows personal strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and limits
- Seeks feedback
- Gains insights from mistakes
- Is open to criticism and input
- Isn’t defensive
- Is receptive to talking about shortcomings
- Growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Ability to offer strong leadership to the position of Campus Pastor
- Collaborative team player
- Passionate about ministry
- Self-starter and takes initiative
- Strategic and administrative
- Emotional and relational maturity
- Carries a solution-oriented perspective
- An engaging leader/manager of people
- Empowers the leadership and their team
- People oriented: engaged in people’s lives, loves to work and be around people, relationally mature.
- Emotionally healthy and not a people pleaser – trusting and collaborative, open and willing with grace for people and in how they act.
- Should be familiar with and comfortable with the Spiritual Formation movement (Peterson, Willard, Nouwen, etc.)
About the Location:
Peoria is a city in central Illinois, with a population of about 114,000 and is the hub of a metro area of over 275,000. Peoria is a city with a lot to offer culturally and has a thriving business industry.
The west shore of the Illinois River has been a center of commerce and urban activity since the first Europeans populated the Peoria area in the mid-1600s. As the area grew, the RiverFront District became the center of business and industry, offering merchants
and industrialists easy access to water and rail transportation. Warehouses, breweries, food processors and commercial distributors give the area its unique flavor.
Peoria’s Central Business District is home to the Corporate Headquarters of Caterpillar, OSF Hospital, and Methodist Hospital. There are over 17,000 jobs in the downtown area, which is the highest concentration of downtown jobs in Illinois outside Chicago.
The Peoria Civic Center is host to the Bradley Braves Men’s Basketball, Peoria Rivermen Hockey, concerts, theater productions, and large-scale conventions. Surrounded by hotels, bars, restaurants, and sandwich shops, Peoria’s Downtown is a hub of business
and social activity.
Discover the heart of the city and its endless stretches of wooded riverbanks and hiking trails, while exploring the region’s unique options for shopping, dining and adventure. With hot summers and crisp winters, dazzling fall foliage and brilliant spring
blooms, Peoria is home to numerous festivals, national and international sporting events, exceptional golf courses and world-class art and culture.
PLEASE APPLY HERE --> http://bit.ly/2FoLtYA