- 5-8 years of professional production experience as DP/camera operator
- Familiarity with a variety of camera systems and lighting technology
- Ability to lead and train junior members of the crew and work with volunteers
- Driven to try new lighting styles and develop personal aesthetic
- Must enjoy working in a highly collaborative creative environment
- Must be prompt and organized
- Ability to work in fast paced, deadline driven environment while juggling multiple projects
- Ability to lift 50lbs and walk 5 miles.
Pre-production: Work with creative directors and producers throughout the pre-production process to understand the vision for each project and be able to translate/realize that vision on the screen. Also manage the production department responsibilities
in this phase of production (location scouting, gear prep/rental, developing lighting plans, storyboarding, etc.) Lead and delegate responsibilities for shoots to junior members of the team.
Production: Oversee production on set by managing the production crew and collaborate with the project director. On set responsibilities often include camera operating and leading the entire crew. Domestic and international travel will be required.
Other: Oversee the development and growth of junior members of the team.