The NextGen Children's Ministry Director’s primary responsibility is to oversee and provide leadership in the coordination and implementation of teaching, programming and service/outreach opportunities for NextGen Children’s Ministry (Birth-5th
grade). This position would be supervised by the Director of Church Ministries and work closely with the NextGen Youth Director and all NextGen Ministry volunteer leaders.
- Develop and nurture relationships with children and their parents.
- Recruit, equip and build relationships with volunteer leaders.
- Maintain a strategy for reaching and assimilating new children and families.
- Assist in the facilitation of Sunday morning Christian Education classes, serving as a regular presence.
- Establishes and executes a curriculum plan for Sunday morning teaching.
- Recruits and equips Sunday morning teachers and leaders for Nursery – 5th grade.
- Create environments, activities, and programming for each age group that will facilitate learning and encourage spiritual growth.
- Uses appropriate child development knowledge to best meet the needs of the children in curriculum selection, child discipline, classroom grouping, etc.
- Responsible for the coordination and implementation of special events. (i.e. VBS, Harvest Party, etc.)
- Oversee and equip Sunday morning Team Leader team.
- Responsible for the coordination of communication to parents and volunteers.
- Develops and maintains the volunteer schedule.
- Manages family registration system
- Partners with the Director of Church Ministries to establish and maintain the NextGen Children’s Ministry budget.
- Manages Children’s Ministry Library
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university preferred; two years related experience and/or training; teaching/facilitating experience.
- A deep love for God’s word
- Demonstrates a vibrant and growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Able to be an active member/attendee of Meadowbrook Church
- Love for and a desire to shepherd students
- Able to positively engage and mobilize volunteers
- Able to work with multiple generations
- Leads with humility
- Self-motivated, Active Learner, Highly Relational
- Collaborative, Creative, Problem-solver
- Excellent communication skills