Position Title: Elementary Director
Reports To: Family Pastor
Vision and Mission of Vale Church: Vale Church exists to make disciples of Jesus who go and make disciples of Jesus. This is the driving force behind what we do. Vale Church believes this is the highest calling of the local church. We believe
that vital truth and explosive love all for God’s glory is what motivates everything that we do.
Overall Purpose and Main Objectives: The role of the Elementary Director (ED) is to oversee the children’s ministry overall vision and strategy of Vale Church from Kindergarten through 5th grade that supports the Church’s vision.
The successful candidate will be able to work collaboratively with the Children’s ministry staff, and volunteers, in order to create for the kids/families an environment and experience that kids would call “the best day of their week”. This individual will
play a vital role in the accomplishment of the church’s vision to impact families within the church and the community. The ED will have proven experience in the ability to align staff and key leadership teams to fulfill the mission, vision, and values of Vale
Church’s Kids Ministry. The ED will partner with parents to lead kids to a genuine sense of belonging, involvement, and spiritual growth by meeting kids where they are and leading them to next steps. The ED will facilitate relational connection and spiritual
growth through irresistible environments, small groups and volunteer teams.
The Elementary Director will be responsible for the following:
Modeling Biblical Priorities: Responsible for upholding biblical priorities and core values of Vale Church. The ED should represent a growing personal relationship with Christ. The ED models a strong relationship with his/her spouse and
children. The CD strives to fulfill his/her purpose in life and ministry while demonstrating integrity in words, relationships, and in action. This will be effectively accomplished by:
- Connecting and engaging in a small group regularly.
- Setting appropriate boundaries with time and relationships to protect your character and integrity.
- Supporting the ministries of Vale Church by giving generously.
- Attend worship service with your family faithfully.
- Developing personal evangelism opportunities within and outside the church.
- Supporting and adhering to the values and priorities of Vale Church staff, as defined in the Staff Handbook.
- This position reports to the Family Pastor.
- This position oversees Kindergarten through 5th grade age group.
- You will participate in appropriate staff and volunteer meetings.
Leadership of Staff and Volunteer Teams: Success in this role will be best accomplished by prioritizing an investment in ministry leaders who in turn will help lead Vale Kids Ministry by influencing the child and partnering with the family.
Responsible for creating an environment that attracts, builds, connects, develops, and empowers ministry leaders. This will be effectively accomplished by:
- Communicating a clear, compelling, and inspiring vision for staff and volunteer teams on a consistent basis. Clarify consistently what the win.
- Build systems that lead people from being spectators to volunteers.
- Implement and execute an onboarding process for all new staff/volunteers for training and evaluating.
- Oversee systems for background checks, safety/security procedures, scheduling, training, and care of volunteers
- Lead staff and volunteer meetings on a regular basis.
- Champion the Kid’s Ministry leadership development strategy.
- Provide centralized efforts for training leaders.
- Provide staff/volunteers with current kid’s ministry best practices.
- Providing regular evaluation and feedback to staff/volunteer teams.
Oversight and Execution of Weekend Environments: Responsible for executing programs that provide irresistible environments and life-changing experiences for children. This will be effectively accomplished by:
- Providing insight and direction for big picture programming and creative process that plays out on a weekly basis.
- Create, develop, and implement a production, media and worship team experience for our large group environment.
- Ensure that the ValeKids guest experience from the street to the seat is top-notch and will draw families to come back. Providing remarkable customer service.
- Develop a communication system that helps families know what intentional step we want them to take.
- Develop and execute an assimilation/follow-up system to ensure new kids and families take next steps at Vale Church.
- Create and maintain a safe environment for Kids at Vale Church.
Oversight and Execution of Small Groups: Construct practical systems to help Vale Kids move from visiting, to belonging, to growing at Vale Church. This will be effectively accomplished by:
- Continue to build and improve our current small group model.
- Actively encourage leaders to connect with families/kids during the week.
- Provide opportunities for children to discover their unique purpose and developing those abilities to serve.
- Implement a strategy to partner/equip parents to lead their children to take steps towards Christ.
- Execute an outreach system that connects Vale Church to the Community.
Provide Support of Vale Church Ministries: Work alongside all the ministries of Vale Church to provide support that helps move parents closer in their walk with Christ with the provision of childcare.
Budget: Responsible for overseeing and managing the Kid’s Ministry budget. Ensure that all guidelines for expenses and purchases are followed by volunteer team members and staff. Assist in the development of an annual budget.
- Spiritual Maturity: Shows strong personal depth and spiritual grounding, demonstrates integrity. Is seen by others as trustworthy and authentic. Has a teachable spirit and seeks the wisdom and guidance of appropriate mentors.
- Creativity and Innovation: Generates new ideas, makes new connections among existing ideas to create fresh approaches to communicate the Gospel through the worship experience. Takes risks in pursuit of innovation, learns from mistakes, demonstrates good
judgement about which ideas will work.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely matter, gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions; works well in team problem solving solutions. Uses reason when dealing with emotional issues.
- Team building: Blends people into teams when appropriate, leads the team successfully through difficult challenges including conflict. Creates strong morale, and a feeling of belonging and pride to be apart of the team. Proven developer of servant leaders
that can equip and empower them to do ministry.
- Project Management: Develops plans for growth (multiple services, satellite campuses etc), coordinates special events. Completes events on time, stays within the assigned budget and manages team activities. Develops workable implementation plans, communicates
change effectively. Has the ability to organize and plan effectively.
- Leadership: Exhibits confidence in self and others; inspires and motivates others to use their giftedness in service for the kingdom. Calls out the best in others; accepts feedback from others, inspires respect and trust. Supports the development of others
skills and abilities. Always thinking strategically on how to engage the next generation of leaders.
- Interpersonal Skills: Establishes good working relationships with congregation, staff, and volunteers. Considers the impact of his/her actions others. Productively engages and resolves interpersonal conflict.
- Ownership: Takes personal ownership of Kid’s Elementary Ministry and Vale Church. Will always look to make decision based on what is best for the Kingdom and Vale Church. Not what is easy, more convenient for me, or the path to least resistance, Instead
what will lead more people to Christ and give God the glory.
- You are a committed follower of Jesus with a passion for God’s Word and people; demonstrates a daily pursuit of a Christ-centered life.
- You have been working a minimum of 7 to 10 years as a staff member in a leadership Director role with a proven track record of success.
- Bachelor’s degree in ministry or extensive ministry experience relevant to this position.
- You love helping kids/parents takes steps into becoming everything God has for them
- You embody the core values of Vale Church.
- You have a strong work ethic and get it done mentality.
- You love working with people and you're not a lone ranger.
- You are a planner.
- You have great references.
- You are coachable/teachable.
- You are an avid learner.
- The expectation is to work on average of 45 hours per week. Your weekly schedule will be determined by the Family Pastor
- You would participate in weekly team meetings and monthly strategic meetings.
- You will participate in regular meetings with your supervisor.
- Health Insurance for you and your family (premium paid by church and staff member)
- Dental Insurance for you and your family (premium paid by church and staff member)
- Life and Disability Insurance for staff member only (premium paid by the church)
- Generous Paid Time Off as outlined in the Staff Handbook.
About Vale Church:
Vale Church is a church on the move. On an average weekend you will experience a welcoming environment, engaging teaching, and excellent worship. Since 2013 Vale Church has been making huge strides to reinvent and redefine itself within the community. It
has seen tremendous growth, and dramatic impact on people’s lives. Currently the church is seeking someone to help complete the dynamic team that exists within the church in the area of Children’s Ministry. Vale Church believes this role will be pivotal in
taking the church to the next level in its development of disciples.
The church is known in the community for it’s missional philosophy. We believe reaching our community goes beyond our 4 walls and actually means getting our hands dirty to reach our community. Vale Church partners with several Christian organizations in
town to reach people in ways that alone Vale could not reach. It is not about making Vale’s name great, but about making Jesus known.
The City of Bloomington-Normal is home to State Farm Corporate, which employs close to 30,000 people of a population of 170,000. Because State Farm employs people from all over the world in Bloomington-Normal, our city is very much a melting pot of cultures
much like a major city but still with a home-town feel.
If you want to know more or have a resume, please email email@example.com all