Children’s Ministries Director
The Children’s director manages all initiatives aimed at fostering the spiritual growth of the children at Hope Covenant Church (Infant-5th Grade). This includes, and is not limited to, Sunday school, childcare, Vacation Bible School (VBS) and
any special events. This position reports directly to the Executive Pastor and is expected to partner with the rest of the staff, the children’s ministry team and church Elders to achieve the above stated goal.
This is a part time, exempt position (20-30hrs) with the opportunity for flex as needed.
- Oversee all ministry/activities for children ages infant-5th grade. This includes weekly Sunday services, summer programs and special events and community outreach.
- Connect with both new and current families at Hope Covenant church by orientating them with / providing updates about the children’s ministry.
- Coordinate/prepare curriculum for each program and each age level that will facilitate engagement and encourage spiritual development.
- Recruit, train, supervise and support children’s ministry volunteer team.
- Develop and implement all safety and security processes for children including, but not limited to, secure check-in/check-out procedures, conducting quarterly evacuation procedures, CPR training and oversee background checks on ministry volunteers.
- Create and manage Children’s ministry budget through partnership with church treasurer.
- Partner with Church Elders to implement the vision for the Children’s Ministry. This includes attending/participating in Council meetings (and Elder Meetings) as required.
- In support of the Covenant, attend events and conferences including Children’s Ministry Conferences.
- Investigate starting a weekly night educational program for kids.
- Undergraduate Degree from accredited 4yr institution. Early childhood education/Christian Education preferred.
- 3+ years’ experience in child development, education or management of children’s programs. Experience in children’s ministry preferred
- Competency with basic computer software (Word, Excel)
- Has passion for children as well as parent’s role in their spiritual development.
- Demonstrates spiritual maturity in leadership, service and prayer.
- Can communicate spiritual doctrine in a manner that is age-relatable, creative and promotes engagement.
- Dynamic personality and has ability to relate to families across varied spiritual, cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
- Reliable, trustworthy self-starter who possesses strong organizational skills.
- Ability to quickly adapt to innovation/change with best interest of the children’s ministry in mind.
- Demonstrates appropriate judgement, discretion and tact in both communications and congregational relationships.
- Effective communicator in verbal, written and social media formats.
- Light physical effort including climbing, ability to move 30 pounds
Please respond with your resume and a letter of your approach to Church Children’s ministries to firstname.lastname@example.org