About Chapel Hill Church:
Chapel Hill Church (CHC) is strategically located at the crux of north Akron, Cuyahoga Falls, and Tallmadge, Ohio. We are a church family that strives to have our lives focused on Christ, building the hope the Christ has given us, and serving the community
in which God has placed us. Chapel Hill Church has a rich history that dates back over 100 years. While we celebrate our history, we are excited about what God is doing and where He is leading us in the future.
In the past 2 years we have experienced growth and stability as we have begun chasing a new vision God has given our church. Since then we have hired 4 new staff members and are looking to fill our Director of Worship position. We are currently chasing
our vision to be a church of 500 in 5 years for the purpose of restoring other churches. We have plans to renovate the church facilities in June of 2018. Our website, (because that would usually be the first thing one checks when checking out a church) is
in the process of being updated to fit the more modern feel and be able to navigate our current and upcoming ministries. We do have a Facebook page in the meantime. We continue to grow in the area of outreach having hundreds come out to our first Easter
Egg hunt and Fall Festival this past year. God is doing a miraculous work!
Our church is well-known for our warm, family feel. Those that visit CHC feel very welcome. Our pastor has been with the church in various capacities for over 9 years, but has been the lead pastor for nearly 2 years. The congregation is a mixture of age
groups but, in our effort to grow, we have been targeting younger families. Chapel Hill Church is a great family of believers, but we know we’re a bit biased!
Denomination: Christian & Missionary Alliance
Worship Style: Contemporary, but we do like occasional (modernized) hymns
Location: Cuyahoga Falls, OH
What we’re looking for:
CHC is a growing, multi-generational church with a heart to reach the next generation for Christ. The Director of Worship is responsible for providing musical excellence. It is essential that he/she develop a strong volunteer team for all worship meetings.
The principal focus of the Director of Worship is creating a musical culture, volunteer worship teams, and worship environment where participants can experience the reality of Christ’s presence through meaningful worship. We are looking for someone that will
see this as joining a family, not just a job.
- Lead Sunday morning worship, along with seasonal services such as Christmas Eve and Holy Week services.
- Communicate clearly with the staff on current and future worship plans and work with the staff to plan music/worship sets at least one week in advance.
- Organize a worship team rotation where musicians and singers are able to join in the worship life of CHC.
- Communicate with worship team members about the songs being played in the upcoming week, including appropriate attachments or links so that members can practice at home before rehearsals (we encourage you to use an online venue i.e. Planning Center).
- Schedule rehearsals that are adequate in length to prepare for Sunday worship, rehearsals may include a short devotional/prayer time to encourage discipleship and a team mentality within the band.
- Prepare and lead team to arrive early enough on Sunday mornings to complete your sound check and be prepared for practice at a reasonable time so the worship practice will be of sufficient time/duration to ensure that the team will be well-prepared.
- Be available to work with the Pastor to assist with planning of sermon series or other emergent, interactive worship services.
- Manage the worship budget.
- Coordinate with the Media Team on songs that will be used as well as any other needs from the Media Team.
- Uphold a Christian lifestyle as a role model and leader in the church.
- Any knowledge of video editing is a bonus.
This is currently a part-time position with approximately 20 hours of work per week, acknowledging that there will be seasons that require fewer or additional hours of work.
If you are interested, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send a copy of your resume and feel free to ask any questions you may have.