The Children’s Pastor/Coordinator is responsible for overseeing all programming for Birth – 5th grades. This is accomplished through:
•developing programming for each age demographic
•planning and executing annual activities/events for children and families
•designing/implementing connect groups for appropriate age demographics
Type of Employments:
This is a full-time position at the organization’s Team Leader level.
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours Per Week: Estimated 40 Hours
- Reports to: Executive Team
- Supervises: Entire Children’s Team
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Recruit, schedule and lead teams of volunteers for children’s programming, Birth-5th grade.
- Create age-appropriate environments and activities that will facilitate learning and encourage spiritual growth for children Birth-5th grade.
- Obtain a criminal background check on every team member, worker and teacher.
- Choose and prepare age-appropriate curriculum for all children, including nursery.
- Train all children’s workers for children (Infant – 5th Grade).
- Work with the Connections Team Leader to maintain a strategy for reaching and assimilating new children and families.
- Manage the Children’s ministry budget with sound stewardship principles.
- Develop and implement a communication plan to keep volunteers and parents informed and encouraged.
- Plan and execute designated events with excellence.
- Develop and execute a practical strategy for strengthening parental skills of Bethesda families.
- Mature and ongoing relationship with Christ.
- A love for children & their families.
- Ability to fully embrace the vision, values & statement of faith of Bethesda Church.
- Possess the ability to use appropriate judgment, discretion, sensitivity and confidentiality.
- Ability to lead and direct volunteer teams.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
Bethesda Church Children’s Pastor Posting
The Children’s Pastor is responsible for overseeing all weekly programming for nursery through 5th grade children as well as, planning and implementing other activities and events for children and their families throughout the year.
-A passion for Jesus and His church and an actively growing relationship with Him
-A commitment to personal integrity, character and a spirit-filled life
-A calling from the Lord to minister to children through high-energy and relational leadership
-A minimum of 2-year experience in directing children’s ministry of a church 150+
-A bachelor’s degree education level or higher
-A team player who is committed to developing people and teams around oneself
1. Recruit, train, schedule and correspond with volunteers
2. Engage with parents & create programming to strengthen families
3. Coordinate worship and teaching times for children
4. Oversee background check process for all volunteers
5. Evaluate and Implement curriculum for all classes
6. Oversee classroom conduct, check-in, follow up, etc.
7. Manage children’s ministry budget and resources
8. Oversee Children’s ministry leadership team
9. Plan and implement outreach events for children
10. Oversee spiritual advancing retreats, camps and trips for children
11. Initiate and expand relationships with local elementary schools
12. Oversee intentional transitions and partnerships with the Student ministry
13. Work with other church staff in planning and implementing events and general church programming
14. Oversee/Lead Connect groups within age demographic
15. Perform other duties as assigned
To apply, please email resumes to Pastor Josh Nester at firstname.lastname@example.org
At Bethesda, we are a church of 1'000 -1,500 in a town of 2,500. We have members that drive from over an hour away to get here each and every week. We currently have 3 identical services every Sunday at 8:30am,10:00am and 11:30am. Our current building is
set up to seat around 450 at a time in the sanctuary, so we have to offer multiple service times to fit everyone into a service. We are currently in the process of building and expanding into a brand new 900 seat auditorium that will be completed Fall 2018.
At that point our current building will be turned into our students and kids ministry area. On any given Sunday we average between 100-225 kids, so building and leading a stable team and displaying team growth will be a must in order to steward growth each
week. We are in the top 1% for church growth in the world for the Church of God denomination. We exist to Know God, Find Freedom, Discover Purpose, and Make a Difference. If you have any other questions feel free to email me at email@example.com or checkout
our website www.bethesdachurch.tv