Director of Worship Arts – Wayne, Pennsylvania
Church of the Saviour is a non-denominational Christ-centered church of approximately 1,500 people in the Philadelphia suburb of Wayne, Pennsylvania. We are called by Jesus Christ to penetrate the lives people in our community (and beyond) to the glory of
God. We take the Great Commission and the Great Commandment seriously (we actively support local & global missions). We have personally experienced the Good News of Jesus Christ and now count it both an extreme privilege and responsibility to be ministers
of reconciliation to a lost and hurting world. We depend on the Holy Spirit to enable and empower us to fulfill God’s plan for our lives and our church. We are certain that Christ is supreme in all things and
we know we are most fully alive and fulfilled when we are most fully glorifying Him.
Church of the Saviour currently conducts three services each Sunday. The 8:05 and 9:30 services are traditional, choir and orchestra led. The 11:00 follows a more contemporary format. A key role of the incoming Director of Worship Arts will be that of
evaluating our current worship services and, along with the Senior Pastor, creating and executing against a vision for the future of worship at COS. The church is committed to creating a relevant, spiritually vibrant worship experience for a very diverse
congregation. We desire to see every individual grow deeper in their relationship with Christ through the worship experience.
The church is committed to worship that, first and foremost, brings glory to the only and true God to whom is due from angels and men, whatever worship, service or obedience he is pleased to require of us. In creating a reverent, prayerful, Word-centered
and spiritually vibrant worship experience that engages a very diverse congregation, we desire to see every individual grow deeper in their adoration and relationship with Christ.
We are seeking a strong spiritual leader who will report to the Senior Pastor and work closely with him to oversee all aspects of the worship experience at the church. It is not required that he be ordained. The position is expected to require 45-55 hours
per week, and will include, but is not limited to, the following essential job functions:
- Provide vision, direction and oversight of the Worship Arts Ministry of Church of the Saviour.
- Create and maintain an attitude of worship within the church, both corporately and individually, that brings glory to God on Sunday and throughout the week through prayer, regular reading of Scripture, psalms and/or creeds, spiritual songs and music that
is God-focused and Word-centered.
- Create an environment of worship within the church that promotes the development of deeper relationships with God and unity of the body in a way that engages hearts and minds.
- Helps to build a congregation that is constantly growing in their understanding and experience of heartfelt, authentic worship of God expressed through diverse cultural, generational, and musical genres.
- In concert with the Senior Pastor, plans Sunday morning services and special services.
- Cultivates and fosters a commitment to excellence in all worship arts endeavors while remaining relational and personal without an attitude of perfectionism.
- Provide leadership to Worship Arts staff and volunteers.
- Pastors, shepherds, mentors and leads teams of musicians and worship leaders, both staff and volunteers with a focus on developing both musical and leadership capabilities.
- Recruits, shepherds and guides volunteers to ensure their growth and development within the ministry.
- Creates a work environment that welcomes input, feedback and dialogue and that promotes collaboration among staff and other ministries of the church in support of the worship services.
- Creates an atmosphere of energy and ownership among the worship arts teams as they understand that they are an integral part of what God is doing in the church.
- Manages administrative responsibilities.
- In concert with the Executive Director, collaborates with the worship arts staff to create an annual budget.
- Allocates financial resources as needed to accomplish the departmental goals while remaining within budget requirements.
- Collaborates with AV teams to create an environment in the church that supports worship.
Core Competencies and Values
- A heart for God that is evidenced by proven character and a spiritual-mindedness that understands that “apart from Christ we can do nothing”
- A man of integrity, authenticity and transparency, marked by humility, and a servant’s heart?
- A Spirit-led believer, growing in?personal sanctification and?motivated to increase in spiritual fruitfulness?
- A?compassionate?man?who seeks to empathize and understand the hearts of others?
- A?servant?whose love for the gospel and?heart for the lost is evident to others?
- Able to model, motivate, lead and train others in?Christian maturity?
- Possesses the heart and gifts of?a shepherd
- Eager to minister in the ever-diversifying suburban?Main Line?setting?
- Collaborates well in groups: valuing people, affirming diverse gifts, and compromising?appropriately?
- Demonstrates commitment to the COS mission, discipleship process, values and team culture
- Demonstrates passion for going above and beyond expectations
- Is a leader of leaders – develops volunteers and lay leaders effectively
- Demonstrates humility in words and actions
- Works well with others: gives and receives feedback constructively and resolves conflict effectively
- Displays flexibility and adaptability; able to pivot quickly and flourish in an ever-changing environment
- A minimum 2-3 years of experience leading worship in multiple formats with a sensitivity to a range of congregational stylistic preferences
- A calling to pastor worship teams and the congregation
- Experience with change management
- Ability to assess the worship needs of the congregation while possessing the leadership skills to execute necessary changes
- Ability to lead well in a variety of settings through musical excellence and humble service to the church
- Proven track record of developing teams and raising up other worship leaders
- Humility that focuses on the worship experience rather than the individual
- Bachelor’s degree required, Music degree strongly preferred
- Accomplished musician with the ability to draw people into worship
- Experience working in a multicultural environment, preferred
- Agreement with all aspects of Church of the Saviour’s Statement of Faith
- An ability and readiness to be a member of Church of the Saviour
Please send résumé and cover letter to Executive Director Stacey Sauchuk – email@example.com