Please note, you must visit https://www.calvaryftl.org/Jobs to officially apply for this position.
This position is responsible for generating and maintaining the volunteer process for Family Ministry. This is inclusive of the first time experience for volunteers and all support staff. They will also assist the Family Ministry Pastor’s and Leader’s
in carrying out the mission and vision of the church and as well as the mandate of "partnering with parents to make disciples"
The Volunteer Coordinator works to assist the Pastor, Director, and the department staff. Responsibilities include: working as a liaison between the volunteer staff and the Director concerning certain aspects of running the Family ministry and the training
and discipleship of the volunteers for Family ministry.
· Developing recruitment strategy and implementing it.
· Training kids and youth staff on recruiting.
· Training key volunteers and existing volunteers on recruiting.
· Representing our ministry at various classes and events of volunteer opportunities.
Onboarding New volunteers
· Evaluating and updating our on boarding processes.
· Responsible for ensuring efficient workflow of new volunteers
· Responsible for organizing the orientations and trainings.
· Matching gifting’s / desires / to the right opportunities.
· Responsible for organizing the background checks.
· Coordinating interviews with the ministry / staff / lead volunteers.
· Developing the 1st 90 days for new volunteers.
· Responsible for following up with new volunteers after 3 months, 6 months, + 9 months.
· Assists Regional Campuses in implementation if necessary and appropriate.
· Partnering with Youth and Kids to disciple and equip our student leaders.
· Matching opportunities with students- providing opportunities, creating, bringing awareness, and providing students opportunities for ownership in ministry areas.
· Church services, events, large events, opportunities in other ministries, etc.
· Being a conduit to communicate effectively between kid’s ministry and youth ministry teams to ensure they are aware of all opportunities to serve.
· Being a point contact between kids / youth to support other ministries in the church.
Special Event Volunteer Coordinator
· Responsible in the recruiting, contacting, training of volunteers for an event
· Assists Event Coordinator in determining volunteer needs
· Responsible for organizing necessary meetings for volunteers ensuring understanding of events details
· Works alongside other departments in maintaining recruiting methods (MP links)
· Intentional discipleship of volunteers along with discipleship of students
- Strong personal commitment to Jesus Christ.
- Strong commitment to the Philosophy and Statement of Faith of Calvary Chapel.
- Excellent organizational skills with an appreciation for details.
- Proficient in Microsoft software: PowerPoint, Word, Excel
- Gift of administration.
- Excellent interpersonal skills for relating effectively with staff members, leadership, volunteers, church body and members of the community.
- Excellent planning and follow through ability.
- Ability to be flexible and demonstrate excellent time management skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time.
- Ability to complete projects on time and follow-through efficiently.
- Demonstrates spiritual and emotional maturity.
- Ability to maintain and display compassion and firmness when ministering to the special needs of the church body.
- Manages people well and has good leadership qualities of overseeing volunteers.
- Remains calm and level headed when faced with pressing needs or injury in Family ministry or at an event.
- Ability to relate to both parents and children dependent on specific situation.
- Gifts of the Holy Spirit are evident and flowing daily. Maintain a teachable spirit and a flexible profile when needed.
- Keeps confidential matters confidential.
- May sit for a prolong period of time in front of a computer
- Is occasionally required to lift, push, pull and/or move up to 25 pounds
- This job description in no way implies that the duties listed here are the only ones the employee can be required to perform. The employee is expected to perform other tasks, duties and training as dictated by their supervisors
- Interpersonal Skills and communication
- Functional Expertise
- Personal Effectiveness