PLEASE APPLY HERE --> http://vsearch.ws/2lNdFMM
About the Organization:
Hope Church began in 1967 after an idea for a new local church sparked at a Church of the Nazarene Camp meeting in Red Hook, NY. The first service was held in December of 1967 with 32 present for morning worship. Over the years, the congregation of Hope
Church and the core group that helped found it has seen God working in joyous ways as the church has grown and expanded to reach more of the Kingdom.
Today, the church is a vibrant and active part of the Wilton, CT community. They are a church that strives to lead people into a growing, intimate relationship with Jesus Christ and to equip them to provide faithful and lifelong service to their community
and the world.
Denomination: Evangelical Free Church of America (EFCA)
Location: Wilton, CT
About the Position:
The Senior Pastor of Hope Church will provide and oversee biblical leadership focused on God’s Word and prayer. They will shepherd the body of Christ as its primary leader and preacher, equipping the elders, ministry leaders, staff and congregation to minister
and share the Gospel and lead with the elders and the leaders in crafting vision, tone, and emphasis for ministry in keeping with the Hope Church vision statement. The Senior Pastor will follow the EV Free Statement of Faith, Hope Church’s Constitution & By-Laws.
What We Are Searching For / Qualifications:
The following describes many of the characteristics of the ideal candidate for the Senior Pastor:
- A bachelor’s degree is required.
- Master of Divinity or equivalent seminary degree in an appropriate area of study is expected.
- Meets the biblical qualifications of pastor/elder, as broadly defined in I Timothy 3, Titus 1, and I Peter 5.
- Effective communicator, motivator, team builder and equipper with a pastoral heart.
- Fully supportive of Hope Church’s vision statement, statement of faith, and core values.
- 5 years pastoral experience expected.
The ideal candidate for Senior Pastor at Hope Church is someone with an authentic and passionate Christ Centered walk, who is dedicated to personal relationship with Jesus Christ who is hungry for spiritual growth and professional growth/development. He
will servant lead by word and example as he guides the church to accomplish its vision & mission.
- Passion for people and reaching the lost for Christ.
- A heart for empowering the ministry potential of staff and lay leaders.
- Servant-leadership, exemplifying the humility and attitude of Christ.
- Consistent personal habits of prayer, Bible study/meditation, and giving.
- Dedication to his family, exhibiting wisdom in balancing family and ministry.
- Participation in consistent spiritual accountability with other godly men.
- Demonstrates the qualities of integrity, responsibility, and teachability as a gracious and loving pastor.
- A demonstrated high level of integrity, guided by a sound set of ethical principles.
- A disciple-maker who creates and grows discipleship through leadership and communication. With an unrelenting passion for leading people to faith and equipping them with spiritual practices for a life of discipline.
- A leader that can create an environment of ‘unity’ and a ‘can-do’ spirit among the church and ministry teams.
- A demonstrated commitment to lifelong learning and personal development.
- High relational skills, and a love for people inside and outside the church.
- Fruits of the Holy Spirit Gal 5:22
About the Location:
Wilton, a family friendly community, is nestled in the Norwalk River Valley in western Connecticut. Located in Fairfield County, Wilton's 17,633 residents live in an area of 26.8 sq. miles. Wilton is a modern residential town rich in New England history.
The first written records of the areas that are now Wilton date back to 1640, when Roger Ludlow and his friends purchased land from the Indians between the Norwalk and Saugatuck Rivers and "a day's walk into the country."
Wilton has an estimated 500 restored 18th and 19th century homes, which add greatly to its rich history and charming modern-day atmosphere. It also has several locations that are on the National Register of Historic Places. The town
has also preserved almost 1000 acres of land as open space for active and passive recreational use. Although there is limited land remaining for development, Wilton retains much of its open feeling and rural atmosphere. Winding back roads with trees, streams,
ponds, woods, and rolling hills are all part of the Wilton's beauty and charm and afford privacy as well as a pastoral setting.
Wilton has consistently been named an ideal place to live and work and is home to some of the top public schools in Connecticut. The public school system in Wilton features accelerated classes for gifted students, fine arts and music programs, an extensive
language studies program through a language laboratory and a 13:1 teacher to student ratio. The school system also boasts an impressive high school graduation to college attendance retention rate
It’s also been named one of CNN’s Top 25 Towns to Live In. As home to several successful startups including Deloitte & Touche, Breitling USA and Cannondale Bicycle Corporation, Wilton has a small town feel with the innovation and creative spirit of a big
city with easy access to large cities (50 miles to the heart of Manhattan and 180 miles to Boston, MA).
All of this makes Wilton a charming respite from big city life but an excellent place to settle in and find a fulfilling career.
PLEASE APPLY HERE --> http://vsearch.ws/2lNdFMM