PLEASE APPLY HERE --> http://vsearch.ws/2CkTk7t
About the Organization:
Established in 1966, Covenant Church of Naples is a gospel centered Reformed church that appeals to people from a wide variety of denominational and generational origins. The church is affiliated with the Presbyterian Church in America, which has more than
1,450 churches and missions throughout the regions of U.S. and Canada.
Its beginnings are attributed to a foundation that was laid to build a house on the corner of Ridge Road and Tamiami Trail. This house became the home of the Covenant Presbyterian Church of Naples. With its inception, this dream of three devoted Christian
families became a reality when Dr. George Knight was called to be the first pastor of the church. Since then, three other senior pastors have served Covenant including Dr. Robert Petterson who served with distinction from 2002 to the end of 2016. Covenant’s
fifth senior pastor, Dr. Trent Casto took on the reins of leadership in January 2017 after a planned 3 year transition process.
Over the past six to eight years, Covenant has seen explosive growth in attendance and giving. Today, Covenant Church of Naples averages 1,000 attendees throughout the year with a noticeable seasonal dynamic. The church has more than doubled its membership
since 2011, with significant growth in the areas of young families and youth. In terms of giving, Covenant continues to be a premier mission giving church in the PCA, with a generous congregation that has given more than $40 million towards outreach initiatives
over the past seven years. But much of this growth has occurred without an effective discipleship strategy. In line with this area of improvement, Covenant Church intends to implement the Rhythm of Discipleship during the next two years, which will engage
each member in four key areas of discipleship weekly: Worship, Grow, Serve, Go.
The church looks back with gratitude, while anticipating great things ahead. Above all else, they celebrate their family of believers who collaboratively strive to be a loving family, who are dependent on the Holy Spirit, committed to the Word, and growing
in grace, as they reach out to the world in mercy.
The Mobilization Pastor will develop a missional culture at Covenant where every member sees themselves deployed every day in the places they live, work and play to advance the gospel of Jesus Christ. As part of the Ministry Leadership Team, the Mobilization
Pastor will have the primary responsibility to develop avenues for all members to effectively serve the congregation and to participate in some manner on the mission field, both local and international, thereby fulfilling our mission to deploy fully devoted
followers of Jesus Christ.
In this capacity, he will have direct oversight of the many lay ministries necessary for the church to do well. These include, but are not limited to, working directly with the Board of Deacons and guiding the greeting, welcoming, hospitality, new member
education and assimilation ministries of the church. He will also provide pastoral guidance and theological direction to our missions effort.
What We Are Searching For/Qualifications:
The following describes many of the characteristics of the ideal candidate for the Mobilization Pastor:
Education & Experience
- Ordained or ordainable in the PCA with at least 5 years of relevant ministry experience.
- A Masters of Divinity is required.
- Eager to work effectively as a team player to accomplish Covenant's mission.
- Proven track record of being able to form and support teams.
- Willing and able to embrace the culture of Covenant Church and Naples, Florida.
- Proven track record of forming and supporting highly functional, successful teams of volunteers.
- Strong organizational and administrative capabilities necessary to support multiple teams of volunteers.
- A breadth of general church experience that can input into broader church needs at the senior leadership level in a synergistic manner.
- Proven ability to relate well to the ‘boomer’ generation and older as well as to the young families the church seeks to disciple.
- Personality and temperament that complements the Senior Pastor.
- Function well as a member of the lead team.
- Warm, winsome and relational, easily ‘meets and greets’ new people.
- Passionate about discovering individual gifts and engaging them in using those for serving the body.
- Action oriented—Identify a need and rapidly pull people together to address it.
- Possess the pastoral heart and gifting necessary to help address the general pastoral care needs of the congregation.
- A positive and friendly up-front presence in worship.
- An optimistic ‘can do’ attitude.
- An able preacher whose style resonates with Covenant's current congregation.
About the Location:
Nestled on the sun-drenched beaches of the Gulf of Mexico, Naples is the crown jewel of Southwest Florida. Perched on the coast of the region, Naples is well known for its high-end shopping, world-class culture, and sophisticated dining. It's also an affordable
family destination that appeals to nature lovers and beach aficionados. Fifth Avenue South and Third Street South are the focal points for Naples shopping in the historic downtown area, with numerous art galleries, chic clothing boutiques, exquisite home decor
shops, and dining, complete with beachfronts and water views. The north side of Naples where Covenant is located has been growing rapidly and boasts the Mercato shopping and dining area which increasingly rivals the popularity of downtown.
Naples has been listed as one of the top 10 happiest seaside towns in the US (Coastal Living), one of the top 10 beaches in Florida and as having some of the top beaches in the world (U.S. News & World Report: Travel). It was also recently named one of the
top 20 small towns in America by Smithsonian Magazine. Naples is a town small enough to make it easy to get around, but big enough to have everything you need with 338,728 permanent residents in Collier County (colliergov.net 2010 Census). The county is a
preferred retirement community bordered by lower income and even poverty areas. There is a large Haitian and Hispanic community presently and a growing population of young professionals. The average temperature is 77 degrees with near perfect weather from
November to April. It has excellent schools, extremely low crime and is a great place to live or raise a family. Its median home cost is in the $500,000 range, with job growth sustaining among the highest in the state and educational attainment among the best.
PLEASE APPLY HERE --> http://vsearch.ws/2CkTk7t