First United Methodist Church of Vero Beach
Director of Communications Position Description
Purpose: The Director of Communications will help the church fulfill its mission and vision – To know Christ and to make him known - by creating and facilitating compelling communication to members, guests and the community.
General Description: The Director of Communications will communicate events and information within the church and as an outreach into the community using print media, email and social media. Using a team approach, this director will also
ensure the production of the A/V components of worship. This is a salaried, full-time position. This director reports to the Senior Pastor
- Produce slides and videos for worship.
- Maintain/update church website.
- Recruit, train and lead A/V Team for worship.
- Produce “Circuit Rider” weekly email newsletter.
- Produce and publish external communication about church events.
- Help produce weekly worship bulletin.
- Help in the office as needed.
- Must be a follower of Jesus Christ, professing Him openly as Savior and Lord, and must demonstrate that belief through character, daily conduct, speech and reputation
- Have a high level of buy-in with the church’s mission and vision
- The ability to work well with people and teams
- Proficient in MS Word, Power Point.
- Ability to create promotional branding for events, sermon series, logo design, banners, flyers, business cards, signs, etc.
- Ability to update the church’s website.
- Adept in the use of Social Media.
- Audio/Video Production. Ability to operate soundboards, presentation software and online streaming equipment.
- Strong writing skills.
- Ability to operate office equipment (copiers, folders, etc.)
Salary & Benefits:
- $40,000-42,000 annual salary, depending on experience.
- Health insurance provided in full.
- 2 weeks paid vacation (up to 4 days can be Sundays)
- 6% retirement contribution match