This position will provide programming, activities and volunteer recruitment for all aspects of the Children’s Ministry at the SBC Cactus Campus.
Non-exempt, full-time position, 40 hours per week with working hours required on Saturday evenings and Sunday mornings.
Reports to Cactus Campus Pastor with dotted line reporting to Children’s Ministry Pastor at the Main Campus.
- Fully manage the Volunteer team for Children’s Ministry – recruit members, handle all onboarding with Shea campus, update volunteer log, update MP, conduct interviews and reference checks and put volunteers into appropriate roles.
- Partner with Cactus Campus team on Volunteer recruitment and communication.
- Provide creative ideas to Cactus Campus team on recruiting and developing Volunteers.
- Manage the volunteer hotline throughout the week and substitute base to be sure classrooms are filled
- Build support team for crafts, teaching team and special events.
- Communicate with classroom leaders on training and weekly curriculum. Play an important role in mentoring classroom leaders.
- Craft weekly volunteer email containing lessons, announcements, volunteer schedule and all that is needed for programming.
- Once Background check and volunteer applications are cleared, conduct the classroom procedures and safety guidelines meeting with each volunteer in the classroom before serving. Arrive at agreement for regular rotation in serving
- Lead weekly leaders meeting before each service time for volunteers and coordinate volunteers to provide food for them.
- Maintain attractive, clean, welcoming appearance in the Children’s Ministry areas where families and volunteers enter. Decorate appropriately and tastefully, recognizing seasons and holidays
- Provide age appropriate room assignments and age breakdowns.
- Develop classroom checklist on supplies, safety and on-going furniture needs.
- Deploy children’s curriculum provided by Curriculum Coordinator.
- Enfold young families: introduce them, connect them with the community, encourage their involvement.
- Develop ongoing large group activities with Children’s Creative Arts Coordinator for programming for Elementary and Preschool lessons.
- Maintain the classroom supply needs lists by shopping for supplies (graham crackers, water cups, paper towels, wipes etc), to ensure the successful room use for volunteers.
- Handle safety issues, oversee programming at all levels so Volunteers can teach and freely minister to kids. Work as a coach, troubleshoot where needed.
- Coordinate with campus pastor on all Parent/Child Dedications and Child Baptisms, also communicate with the families at all levels in preparation for the event. Provide all administrative support in preparing dedication frames, certificates, blessings
written, name origin research for pastor, update milestones in MP once completed
- Lead all details for VBS – recruit, mobilize, place, communicate with volunteers. Be sure all applications are done, background checks are current before serving, update MP. Work closely with Onboarding Specialist on all aspects.
- Develop in partnership with Cactus Campus Pastor & Main Campus Children’s Pastor on Special Events for family outreach during the year.
- Design, print, distribute necessary fliers for promotion of all upcoming Children’s events and opportunities
- Attend weekly Children’s Ministry Staff Meetings at the Shea campus and office there all day Tuesday.
- Partner with Shea First Response Team to ensure all established guidelines are in place.
- Demonstrate a growing faith in Jesus Christ and in agreement with Scottsdale Bible’s Statement of Faith
- Exhibits the following competencies: Integrity, Team Player, demonstrated Time Management, Strong Communicator, Takes Initiative, Dependable
- Ability to work with adults and children; excited about developing teams and on-going recruitment of volunteers; committed to train and empower leaders; excellent communication skills and writing skills; strong computer literacy
- Servant’s Heart
- Spiritual Calling to Children & Youth Ministry
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Christian Education or Childhood Development or 5+ years equivalent experience in Children’s Ministry Lead Role.
PLEASE APPLY USING THE FOLLOWING LINK: