POSITION: Pastor of Worship/Family
REPORTS TO: Senior Pastor
STATUS: Full Time
The Pastor of Worship/Family is responsible to the church for providing passionate spiritual leadership through music related ministries and for providing in-depth spiritual leadership through family related ministries and activities. He should his skills
in leading worship and family activities in a way that proclaims the Gospel and reaches the lost. This is done by enhancing the congregation’s sense of celebration in worship, and leading the congregation to develop the inherent gifts of its individuals.
In addition, he shall conduct and create ministries and activities, closely coordinated with other ministries of the church, to ensure that the church is actively attracting, reaching out to, and meeting the spiritual needs of families. The Pastor of Worship/Family
will focus on the totality of our individual and corporate worship experience of God and create venues for, and assist in, expressions of praise and worship. He is responsible to oversee all music and family related ministries to ensure those ministries keep
the purpose and focus of the First Baptist Church of La Vernia. The Pastor of Worship/Family is accountable to the Senior Pastor.
This position is subject to at least a six month probationary period for new hires.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provide leadership to the church through a music ministry program, including drama and other fine arts appropriate for worship.
2. Provide leadership to the church through a family ministry program, including training, fellowship, and promote and cultivate church member participation in family related ministries.
3. Lead or oversee choir programs for adults, youth, and children, as deemed appropriate.
4. Participate and assist in church activities involving music and drama such as Vacation Bible School.
5. Promote church members participation in music related ministries, responsible for cultivating worship abilities in members leading to their more effective use by Christ in His work through music related ministries.
6. Recruit, train, and rehearse with Worship Team, instrumentalists, and sound/video/PowerPoint personnel in preparation for all worship services.
7. Oversee all sound, lighting, and video equipment and recording ministry of the church.
8. Develop and coordinate opportunities which will equip parents with the spiritual and parental resources to fulfill God’s plan for the family.
9. Coordinate closely with other ministries of the church to ensure that opportunities for adults are provided with children, youth, women’s, and men’s ministries activities, when appropriate.
10. Coordinate with the GROW ministry in reaching out to families and the community.
11. Perform other tasks and responsibilities as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
1. Plan and lead the music in worship services and family activities; prepare and deliver special music and secure appropriate leadership for family activities and training and other church wide special occasions.
2. Plan and calendar yearly activities to promote the work of Christ through the music and family related ministries of church.
3. Plan special worship services and community outreach, ideally, one per quarter, and evaluate their effectiveness.
1. Develop a yearly budget for the church’s music and family ministry needs, equipment and/or activities as part of the church budget.
2. Monitor that proper expenditure procedures are in place and followed for all music and family ministry expenses.
3. Stay informed on current music and family ministry trends. Attend approximately two seminars, conferences or Workshops each year to improve educational and professional skills. Submit educational plan to Senior Pastor for approval.
4. Submit articles as needed for publications such as newspapers, monthly news letters or special publications, and monthly Business Meeting reports.
5. Maintain a professional, neat, clean, orderly and organized office environment to conduct church business as needed such as spiritual counseling and family conferences.
6. Ensure that all messages and mail are responded to in a timely manner. This includes, but is not limited to mail, email, telephone messages, etc.
7. Provide regular status reports of accomplishments/issues to the pastoral staff at staff meetings or as needed.
8. Attend all worship services and be available before and after to minister as needed.
9. Maintain consistent office hours as much as possible and keep the church secretary informed of daily and weekly schedule.
10. Conduct other duties as needed or assigned.
1. A Christ-centered, Biblically-rooted, warm-hearted faith in Christ which expresses itself in loving, joyful, healthy relationships with others and personal freedom in sharing his/her personal experience of Christ
2. A clear passion to draw uncommitted persons into a living relationship with Jesus Christ
3. An excitement and commitment to the mission and vision of First Baptist Church of La Vernia
4. A visionary person with the freedom to explore the most effective means by which our mission can be fulfilled
5. A team-player who works well with other members of the church staff and who has proven effectiveness in working with volunteers
6. Personal commitment to the spiritual doctrine and accepted policies/by-laws of La Vernia First Baptist Church, to include Church Membership
7. Christian character evidenced by a life of prayer, spiritual discipline, and participation in the life of the church; a desire to grow in the Word and leadership abilities by taking advantage of education and training opportunities
8. A sense of humor and ability not to take himself too seriously.
9. High energy level for the demands of a growing ministry.
10. Above reproach in integrity and confidentiality.
11. As a staff person and leader, it is your duty to promote and protect the unity of this church and your leadership team by refusing to gossip (Rom. 14:19), acting in love toward other members and staff (I Pet.1:22), following the leadership of this
church (Heb. 13:17), handling conflicts, rumors, criticism, and grumbling in a biblical manner by going to your brother/sister in love and working toward a solution (Mt. 5:24), and seeking help and direction from your leadership.
Conditions / Physical Requirements
1. Primarily indoor office and classroom work with regular outdoor duties, activities and traveling requirements. Occasional long periods of sitting, standing, running and walking.
2. Visual acuity, speech and hearing, hand and eye coordination, and manual dexterity necessary to operate typical office equipment.
This position description is not intended, and should not be construed, to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, and efforts associated with this task. It is intended, however, to be an accurate reflection of essential elements.
I have read and received a copy of my job description. I understand this overrides anything I have been given or told in the past. I further understand that I am expected to follow my job as outlined above, and that if I have any questions concerning what
is expected of me, I will speak with my immediate supervisor identified above.