American Lutheran Church in Prescott, AZ is seeking a part-time DIRECTOR OF FAMILY MINISTRY.
This is a salaried Program Staff position that reports to the Associate Pastor. Work hours are mostly flexible and anticipated to be approx. 25 per week, with specific regular office hours each week.
American Lutheran Church is a member congregation of LCMC (Lutheran Congregations in Mission for Christ) and NALC (North American Lutheran Church).
General Description: Identify and meet the needs and expectations of families to attract and retain them through the cultivating of family focused community at ALC. Create, implement and lead Christ-centered family educational, recreational
and leisure activities designed to promote Christian fellowship, family support, spiritual growth and family fun.
Previous Work Experience: Experience in leadership and program development of family related ministry.
• Dynamic and outgoing multigenerational people person.
• Professes Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
• Demonstrates ongoing, prayerful and personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
• Fully supports the vision and Confession of Faith of ALC.
• High regard for the authority of Scripture; theologically conservative.
• Conversant with and supportive of Lutheran doctrine.
• Demonstrates loyalty and commitment to team building with staff.
• Professionally organized with ability to prioritize.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including conflict management skills.
• Ability to ensure confidentiality, discretion, and loyalty.
Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
• Attend weekly staff meetings and relevant ministry programs.
• Congregational membership of ALC and weekly ALC Sunday worship attendance.
• Participate in the bi-annual ALC New Member Orientation.
• Work closely with the Associate Pastor and Council Coordinator of Youth and Families to identify the needs of families at ALC.
• Be accessible during specified office hours.
• Conversant in social media platforms.
• Other duties as directed by Associate Pastor.
• Coordinate with ALC ministry leaders to plan, implement and promote onsite and offsite family events to draw families into fellowship and foster lasting commitment and unity at ALC.
• Regular meetings and communication with ministry leaders, staff members and council members regarding parents and children programs and ministries.
• All meetings are to be carefully scheduled and punctually attended with a sincere commitment to listening to the needs and input of others.
• A strong and enthusiastic presence on Sundays before, after and during services. This will include regular monthly fun temple talks (live or recorded) to share upcoming family events, participation in greeting at the entrances to worship and an intentional
and joyful outreach to families before and after services.
• Work to integrate families into all phases of church life at ALC.
• Regular and interactive presence at all ALC ministry events having to do with kids and parents.
• Regular meetings with parents, one on one, to discuss family needs.
• Prepare annual budget for Family Ministry department.
• Oversight of any budgeted funds for Family Ministry.
• Monitor departmental revenue and expenses monthly.
• Approve budget changes among line items within department.
INTERESTED PARTIES, PLEASE EMAIL A COVER LETTER AND RESUME: firstname.lastname@example.org