First Baptist Church of Richmond, Indiana is a mid-sized church with an intergenerational population. We believe it is essential to partner with families in order to reach the next generation for Christ. First Baptist is an Orange Thinking church with a
well-developed strategy for working with children and families. We have just recently called a Family Minister with a heart for families and a gift for walking alongside and training volunteers. We are seeking a Lead Pastor who shares our belief that the Bible
is the living word of God and is the foundation on which we stand. We are seeking an individual with experience who will shepherd our congregation with excellent Bible teaching, enabling our church to grow through both evangelism and outreach.
- Care, Counseling and Encouragement: Caring concern will be exercised by the Lead Pastor in his devotion to families in grief, in joy, in crisis, through counseling appointments and in hospital and general visitation.
- Outreach and Evangelism: The Lead Pastor will challenge the congregation to reach out to the unchurched and unsaved in the spirit of the Great Commission. He will extend the Christian mission through community leadership and service and encourage others
to do the same.
II. Biblical Teaching & Worship
- Biblical Teaching and Discipleship: The Lead Pastor will emphasize the continual need for Christian growth to the congregation. It will be his responsibility to see that a wide variety of learning and discipleship opportunities are made available to the
congregation, and he will encourage participation in the activities.
- Worship: The Lead Pastor has the responsibility to coordinate all elements of worship with the Minister of Music. The Board of Worship will serve as a sounding board, and will offer suggestions and assist the professional leadership wherever needed.
- Leadership Development: The Lead Pastor will lead and encourage those in leadership roles, both professional staff and lay leaders.
- Administration: The Lead Pastor will guide and encourage the staff through his leadership and counsel. In addition, the Lead Pastor will work closely with the Moderator and the appropriate boards, ministries or committees in planning and organizing programs
to meet overall objectives. He will also attend the meetings of the Board of Managers.
IV. Board and Committee Relationships
- The Lead Pastor serves as an ex-officio member of all church boards and committees.
- Special meetings of any board or committee may be called at any time by the Lead Pastor.
- The Lead Pastor is expected to attend all business meetings of the church.
- The Lead Pastor is accountable to the congregation through the Professional Staff Relations Committee and the Board of Managers. Performance, compensation and benefits reviews shall be conducted annually by the Professional Staff Relations Committee. Their
findings and recommendations will be submitted to the Moderator.
Competitive compensation package is available based on education and experience.
First Baptist Church of Richmond, Indiana is located on the near east side of the city, nestled in a well-established neighborhood. Located in Wayne County, Richmond is situated in the east central part of the state bordering the state of Ohio. The population
of the county according to the 2010 census was approximately 70,000 people. Richmond's population in 2016 was 36,812. A majority of the church members reside in the city of Richmond, but the membership also extends into neighboring towns and counties.
Our membership is varied. We have teachers, dentists, physicians, nurses, hygienists, secretaries, etc., which is a close representation of the community.
Demographically, Richmond is 83% White/Caucasian, 8% African American, 4% Hispanic or Latino, with 6% either a combination of two races or of a different racial makeup. The congregation at First Baptist is primarily White with a small percentage of members
who are African American.
First Baptist Church is affiliated with the American Baptist Churches of the East Central Association of Indiana and Kentucky; the Northeast Area of American Baptist Churches of Indiana and Kentucky; the American Baptist Churches of Indiana and Kentucky;
and the American Baptist Churches USA.
A complete church profile is available on request.
For additional information, please visit: https://firstbaptistrichmond.com/employment/
Interested parties may contact the Chairperson of the Search Committee at email@example.com or call 765-914-5472. Please include your resume, letter of interest,
links to teaching samples, and references.