The Associate Pastor of Youth models to others the life of a disciple of Christ. He faithfully practices the basic disciplines of worship, prayer, Bible study, giving, seeking wisdom, gathering with others, and self-examination/confession of
sin. He is a supportive servant leader who guides the spiritual development of his staff and youth of the church and provides for their pastoral care. He is passionate to reach the lost and committed to proclaiming the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
This is a full time, exempt (salaried) position.
- Get along with a variety of people in different circumstances of life
- Set priorities and guidelines
- Organize people and manage resources
- Develop and communicate vision and goals
- Listen effectively and communicate clearly
- Resolve conflicts
- Lead others in seeking the salvation of the lost and nurturing of the saved
- Help support missions activities in the local community, state, nationally and internationally
- Interface daily with pastors, elders, deacons, ministry leaders, church officers, and committees
- Preach at worship services and help lead observance of the church ordinances as needed
- Conduct counseling sessions
- Be present at church business meetings
- Conduct funeral services and wedding ceremonies
- Help keep the church appropriately informed of issues, problems, and developments
- Spend a reasonable amount of time visiting members in the hospital and nursing homes
- Be reasonably available nights and weekends for emergency pastoral care
- Cooperate with association, state, and denominational leaders in matters of mutual interest and concern
- Help represent the church in civic matters
- All other duties as directed by the Council of Elders
- Oversee all aspects of middle school and high school ministry within the church
- Plan, organize, coordinate, and assist in leading youth worship services, camps, retreats, and activities
- Train and supervise youth staff and interns
- Create and manage annual Youth Ministry budget
- Assist parents in their efforts to be the primary disciple-makers of their youth.
- Teach classes to youth on varied subjects
- Involved in personal accountability relationships with other mature believers
- Answerable directly to the Senior Pastor and to Council of Elders for the performance of his duties as Youth Pastor and non-voting Elder.
- An Elder or Deacon qualified man walking well with Jesus and committed to biblical Christian principles and teachings
- Ordained, licensed, or eligible for such within the church/Baptist denomination.
- Bachelor’s degree in Youth Ministry preferred or equivalent experience as a Youth Pastor
- Pass criminal, financial and sexual misconduct background checks