Job Title: Music & Media Director (MMD)
Reports to: Lead Pastor
Position Status: Part-Time Salaried Non-Exempt (20 hours per week)
Position Summary: The MMD leads the teams that lead the church in gathered worship. He or she is the primary leader during the weekend gatherings while also sharing this function with other appropriately gifted/skilled people. The MMD oversees
the media ministry and its personnel. This includes audio, video, and lighting.
Citipoint Church has articulated its philosophy of ministry regarding music for the gathered church. It is imperative that the MMD owns this philosophy as his or her very own and allows it to inform the entire music and media ministry of Citipoint.
While at present this position is part-time, it is the hope and intention for it to become a full-time role. Church growth and resources will determine its development.
Personal Character: A follower of Jesus Christ whose demeanor reflects a Christian life and attitude. This person exudes strong personal integrity and is marked by humility. He or she is personally engaged in the mission of Christ and committed
to the community of Citipoint Church. This person is committed to personal and ministry growth. They continually read and listen to material that facilitates this growth. They are accountable to church leadership and strive to serve the church overall.
1. Recruit, Train, & Deploy
- Recruit the necessary volunteers for the various teams
- Train volunteers in their respective roles
- Deploy volunteers to be the church
2. Research and implement songs and hymns that are doctrinally sound, theologically rich, and culturally relevant in their arrangement.
3. Develop and maintain a written system for “on-boarding” new team members for each team.
1. Develop and publish a working schedule for the teams.
2. Oversee media personnel; ensuring accountability and encouragement.
3. Attend the weekly staff meeting to maintain a full understanding of the focus and direction of the church.
4. Attend other necessary meetings for the purpose of vision buy-in and implementation.
5. Assess equipment ensuring that the necessary maintenance and repairs are kept up on.
If you are qualified and interested in this position please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.