Faith Outreach Church exists to take the good news of Jesus Christ and spread it to the world, starting with Clarksville, Tennessee and the surrounding communities, creating disciples one life at a time, from cradle through seniors. Clarksville, Tennessee
is located on the Tennessee/Kentucky border, beside Ft. Campbell, Kentucky and just 40 miles north of Nashville.
The full-time Children’s Director would support the execution of Faith Outreach Church, and serve this growing body of believers and community. The salary for this position will be related to experience in the field.
The Children’s Director provides visionary leadership and is responsible for all aspects of ensuring the spiritual growth and development of children from birth through 5th grade. This includes, but is not limited to, curriculum, series selection, volunteer
recruitment and development, classroom management, and operational management, oversight for special events and projects, and other responsibilities as delegated by the Senior Pastors, as well as Administrators.
This position will report to the Administrators and work under the vision for the overall ministry to families of Faith Outreach Church. This Children’s Director operates by God-given call on their life to minister to this specific age group of children
(Nursery though 5th grade) in a way that exemplifies the work of Christ in their life. The ultimate goal is to influence children to grow spiritually, learn about Jesus, and lead lives that reflect His love and Lordship.
- Prayerfully select children’s curriculum topics and develop age-appropriate versions for nursery through elementary ages.
- Oversee the implementation in their varied environments—from Nursery through 5th grade.
- Effectively recruit and train kid’s leaders and volunteers, ensuring that they effectively “live out” our culture, values and vision.
- Conduct a fun and anointed kids service where growth and life-change happens.
- Work with the various ministries to effectively advertise upcoming kid’s events to parents and the congregation as a whole.
- Recruit, train, interview and screen potential volunteers to make sure they are effective and adhering to church policies and procedures.
- Create and maintain the monthly schedule of all volunteer positions and key personnel.
- Develop and maintain security standards that ensure kids are safe and taken care of.
- Plan and oversee special events that help families connect.
- Fulfill ministerial duties such as hospital visitation, funeral visitation and spiritual encouragement as related to children and their families.
- Lead departmental meetings and empower volunteers to fulfill their unique role in ministry.
- Oversee Children’s workers by training, managing schedules and ensuring all policies and procedures are met.
- Lead the creative use and proactive upkeep of children’s ministry facilities and ensure they are clean and presentable for all services and children’s events.
- Develop and maintain a quick and enjoyable check-in and check-out area.
- Perform assigned duties and responsibilities by the Administrator and Senior Pastors.
- Coordinate outreach events for children and young families in the community.
- Plan and execute a yearly Vacation Bible Camp
- Supply printed weekly overviews for parents so that they know what their children are being taught.
- Develop weekly study activities for children to do with their families at home to encourage continual spiritual growth both for the children and the family unit.
- Maintain your personal, ever-growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Live a life of excellence with both personal and moral standards. Represent a Christ-like character in speech, life, and ministry with the utmost integrity in all situations.
- Be loyal to the vision, Senior Pastors, Administrator, staff and leaders of Faith Outreach Church and always protect the unity God has given the church.
- Be aligned and in unity with the Biblical teachings of Faith Outreach Church.
- Be intentional to connect with new and existing attenders at the check-in areas.
- Maintain an attitude of professionalism and respect for the work environment by maintaining office hours, adhering to employee standards and meeting all deadlines.
- Operate with humility while developing a teachable and trainable spirit that strives for excellence.
- Operate in excellence in your speech, correspondence, dress and attitude. Do all work as unto the Lord.
- Experience in a leadership position with volunteers underneath
- Previous experience working with children either in church setting or school/daycare setting
- Good leadership and management skills
- Spiritually, relationally and emotionally healthy
- Highly motivated self-starter, team and detail oriented, positive, servant hearted, people person and relational
- Creative thinker—able to take what the mind sees and create something the eye can see
- Ability to resolve problems in a Christ-like manner
- Ability to strategize and be a forward-thinker
- Adapts to growth, change, innovation and creativity
- Support the overall vision of Faith Outreach Church
- Great communication skills both written and verbal
Key Performance Measurements:
- Develop a vision and strategy that is in line with the Faith Outreach Church culture to effectively minister to children and their families that is volunteer friendly and effective.
- There is active growth and development of volunteer base, that are effectively carrying the culture of Faith Outreach Church.
- The children’s ministry is at a growing, healthy pace and the environment is friendly, exciting, creative, safe and life-giving.
- You are well respected by parents, volunteers, leadership, Administration and Pastors.
- Kids are growing in their knowledge and application of Biblical truths in their everyday lives.
- The church is connected and enthused about what is happening in the children’s areas.