Groups Pastor (Full Time) – Harvest Bible Chapel of Denver
Since the church began in 2010, Harvest Bible Chapel Denver has seen God’s grace. What was once a small gathering of men and women in an apartment building has now grown to a congregation of nearly 2000 worshippers at two campuses.
The church is founded on Four Pillars:
1. Unapologetic Preaching (2 Timothy 4:2)
2. Unashamed Adoration (John 4:23-24)
3. Unceasing Prayer (1 Thessalonians 5:17)
4. Unafraid Witness (Romans 1:16)
Harvest Bible Chapel exists to glorify God through the fulfillment of the Great Commission (Matthew 28:19-20) in the spirit of the Great Commandment (Matthew 22:37-40). We desire to make quality disciples of Jesus Christ by Worshiping Christ, Walking with
Christ and Working for Christ.
This position reports to the Executive Pastor of Harvest Bible Chapel Denver. This person is an entrepreneurial catalytic leader with a shepherd’s heart and a passion to lead, grow, and multiply disciples. He will serve as the Groups Pastor with leadership
accountability for the Groups ministry and Biblical SoulCare. The Groups Pastor is responsible for the implementation of these areas in accordance with the mission, vision, doctrine, pillars, and ministry strategy of Harvest Bible Chapel of Denver as established
by the Elders.
- Dynamic leader
- Team builder
- Outstanding communicator
Bachelor’s Degree. Biblical or theological education would be preferred.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- 5+ years leadership experience in a large organization
- 5+ years staff management and the ability to drive execution with urgency
- 5+ years overseeing small groups leadership in a church
OTHER SKILLS + QUALIFICATIONS:
- Personal and growing relationship with Jesus
- Must be a member of Harvest or become an active member within 6 months of employment
- Natural catalyst with high sense of urgency, drive, and energy
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- High ability to handle confidential information
Small Groups/Discipleship – disciple others toward a growing walk with Christ
- Develop/implement a comprehensive strategy for continued growth of the small group ministry, including championing the overarching value of “uncommon community”.
- Oversee a primarily sermon-based curriculum to maximize the small group ministry – recognizing and emphasizing small groups as the primary means of discipleship.
- Oversee the development of Coaches and Small Group leaders through training, coaching, and connection.
- Manage development of small groups for men’s, women’s, and young adults, ministries.
- Oversee Men’s ministry.
- Direct the women’s ministry through developing a leadership team.
- Provide settings to help people grow in their marriages and parenting.
Training & Development – multiplying leaders
- Proven, highly effective skills in developing leaders through training.
- Help develop a highly effective training organization for Harvest Denver and Brave Ministries.
- Ability to develop training systems involving pre-test evaluation, training content and post-test evaluations, as well as train the trainer content.
- Provide ongoing training for group leaders, apprentices, and coaches.
- Ability to train Harvest men on BRAVE leadership content.
- Serve as instructor for the BRAVE residency program and Brave Seminary.
- Participate in weekend worship services, church events, staff initiatives and other church life activities.
- Provide Pastoral care & counseling as needed.
- Teach God’s Word in various ministry settings.
- Develop and implement a budget for assigned ministry areas.
- Misc. Duties as assigned.
- Must be spiritually mature with a growing knowledge of Scripture, a passion for ministry, an active prayer life, and boldness for sharing faith as opportunities arise.
- Increasing in the fruits of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23).
- Pastor/Elder qualifications (1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9, 1 Peter 5:1-5).
- Formal ministry training required (education and/or ministry experience).
- Teachable, with an understanding of personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Demonstrates initiative, creativity, ownership and excellence in leading with the established vision of the elders.
- A ministry builder with skills in recruiting, developing, evaluating, and encouraging volunteer leaders and teams.
- Ability to motivate and direct others towards a consistent, fruitful development of quality disciples.
- Must be committed to the local church and active in building community (Acts 2:42-47).
- Must demonstrate an ability to relate well and work efficiently with fellow staff members and volunteer leaders and teams under oversight.
- Must be in full agreement with Harvest’s mission, vision, doctrine, pillars, and ministry strategy and be convinced of their effectiveness in building the church.
- Must communicate the Harvest DNA and lead the ministry in a way that is consistent.
- Must agree and abide by Harvest staff policies and procedures.
- Must be highly motivated and action oriented; have a strong work ethic; be a get-it-done kind of person.
- Must be willing to put in the hours necessary while maintaining a healthy personal and family life.
Full/Part time: Full time with benefits
Reporting to: Executive Pastor
Weekly Hours: 45+
Compensation: commensurate with experience/qualifications.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be sure to include the following information.
- Position(s) for which you are applying. Please note we only need one submission per person, not per position.
- What interests you about this particular position?
- Why are you looking for a ministry position at this time?
- Why you? Why do you think you might be the right person for this position?
After sending your resume, you will receive an e-mail reply stating your information was received. If your credentials and work experience meet our qualifications, we will contact you with next steps.
Please note that all Harvest Bible Chapel staff must be members or committed to membership within three months of employment and must have a personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.