The Communications Director will lead and provide oversight for church-wide marketing and communications. This will require a firm grasp of beliefs, values and strategy of New Hope Community Church and the ability to align staff and key leadership teams with
its mission, vision and values. The communications director will lead all components of communications and marketing to add inspiration, motivation and clarity to church messages.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Reports to the Senior Pastor
Church Promotion and Publicity:
- Graphic design for sermon series, ministry events, etc.
- Website management and development
- Social media – daily activity on multiple platforms
- Weekly church wide email
- Internal/External marketing/communications strategy
- Will work in conjunction with the Connections Pastor to create and implement the Connect Group Web Page, catalogs, and other promotional materials.
- Utilize captured photos of church life/events for use in communications/marketing
- Develop and oversee annual communications budget
- Create and manage content for digital signage/display
- Develop a team of volunteers who are able to set up and oversee Facebook Live and Video Recorded productions of the Sunday Worship Service.
Necessary Knowledge and Skills:
Must have skills necessary to:
- Connect with ministries on a personal face-to-face and regular basis to understand their ministries needs and wants.
- Must be extremely comfortable working with computers and primary tools for communication – Adobe’s Creative Suite being essential.
- Adapt written text to match the medium through which it is being communicated. Communicate clearly and effectively using the written word.
- Carry out day-to-day tasks of facilitating communications/marketing
- Be proficient in writing/editing, graphic design, communication, strategy and multi-tasking
We are looking for a team player who likes to have fun while working. Formal education is not a predetermining factor for the selection of Communications Director. However, it is likely that they will hold a Bachelor Degree in Marketing, Communications,
Design or related field from an accredited college or university. Proven experience in team-building, creative thinking, systems management and problem solving is required. Exceptional technical skills in written and oral communication, graphic design, web
and multimedia. Experience managing website content and social media content.
- A person of good character and integrity who has a healthy relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Results-oriented, self-motivated and committed.
- Someone who is not easily flustered or stressed.
Church Website: www.newhopechurchtn.org