First Covenant Church Salina, KS
Pastor of Connections and Discipleship
Thank you for your interest in our Pastor of Connections and Discipleship Position.
First Covenant Church exists to be a high-impact, transformative community by going Deeper in Christ and Further in Mission.
We are committed to four priorities that flow out of our missional purpose:
- Worship – our whole-hearted response to who God is and what He does.
- Disciple – a life-changing journey in Christ with others.
- Evangelize – inviting others to a relationship with Jesus.
- Serve – compelled by God’s love we meet others’ needs.
An Overview of First Covenant Church:
God is at work in First Covenant Church in exciting ways! FCC was birthed in 1878 and is a member church of the Evangelical Covenant Church, a missional evangelical denomination. For its first 100 years, FCC was a faithful congregation of about 200 people
in attendance. The last 40 years the church has seen steady missional growth to close to 900 in attendance.
13 years ago, the church outgrew its building, purchased 35 acres and built a dynamic contemporary facility for ministry. The Lord has continued to bring missional growth and four years ago the church expanded by building a new Life Center – a beautiful
mixed usage facility that includes a 2nd worship space, a café style commons area and full-size gym. The new space is intended for use by the church and by the greater community.
First Covenant values creating a warm, inviting and relevant church community. We have an outstanding music ministry, thriving children and youth ministries, healthy spiritual formation opportunities and a strong missional presence in the community and
Salina has a population of about 50,000 and is a regional center for medical services, shopping, recreation, and entertainment. Salina is frequently described by its residents as “not too big and not too small” with a healthy blend of local, regional and
national businesses that add to the quality of life that exists because of low crime rates and high performing schools – in addition to a lower cost of living. Multiple times, Salina has been named by Business Week Magazine as “The Best Place in Kansas to
Raise a Family.”
We believe that God has our church primed for continued missional impact in our community as we seek “to go deeper in Christ and further in mission.” We need a leader who is passionate about creating ministry teams and a culture that assists the journey
of a first-time guest until they are connected in small group experiences that emphasize spiritual growth, relational health, and opportunities to serve in God’s Kingdom.
To find out more about First Covenant Church please visit our website at fccsalina.com.
Please see the specific job description below. If you would like to apply for this position please send a cover letter indicating what uniquely qualifies you for this position, some information on your experience that has prepared you for this role, and
your resume to email@example.com.
We hope to hear from you!
General Job Description:
As we seek to grow deeper and reach further, we are looking for a Pastor to join our team in the role of Pastor of Connections and Discipleship. We desire a pastor who is a passionate disciple of Christ and deeply devoted to God’s Word, His Church and His
We believe that compelling community, where people build authentic relationships, provides the best atmosphere for encouraging people to go deeper in Christ and further in mission. The Pastor of Connections and Discipleship is responsible to provide leadership
direction and development of the Connections and Discipleship ministries at First Covenant Church, including connectional next steps, Life groups, and adult formation opportunities.
We are looking for a high capacity ministry leader who is:
- Able to identify and develop leaders
- Competent in equipping others to do ministry
- Adept at casting and communicating compelling vision
- Skillful in interpersonal skills and relational IQ
- Proficient in strategic planning and organizational leadership that facilitates assimilation and spiritual growth opportunities
- An effective teacher with excellent communication skills
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Effectively identify, equip, and lead staff and volunteers in our Connections, Life Group and Adult Spiritual Formation ministries.
- Develop systems and leaders to connect people in authentic Christian community that encourages life transformation in Christ and missional service.
- Provide vision and leadership for church-wide connecting events and strategize new opportunities to promote building community.
- Assist in teaching and preaching needs of the church body.
- Perform additional pastoral duties as determined by gifts, needs and interests.
Works closely with:
- Executive Pastor
- Ministry Staff
- Connections Ministry Leaders
- Life Group Leaders
- Adult Spiritual Formation Team
- Board of Christian Education
Desired Spiritual Gifts – Leadership, Teaching, Equipping, Shepherding
- a graduate seminary degree is preferred (M.Div. or MA in Christian Ed., or related degree).
- Licensed or Ordained in the Evangelical Covenant Church, or a willingness to be.
- have at least 3 years of experience in a full-time ministry setting where the above qualifications have been demonstrated and proven.