Ensure each community group embraces and participates in our four community values (invite and welcome, encourage and build authentic relationships, pray together, and discovery biblical truth) through equipping our group leaders. Equipping is an active
process that allows us to prepare and develop our leaders for successful ministry and personal growth. As a Cornerstone staff member you are expected to equip, encourage, and empower your team (paid and unpaid
Overall Community Leadership
- Engage, develop, and implement community strategy that will influence and impact the vision of changing the fabric of the East Bay and help people take their next step with Jesus.
- Be a strong contributor and supporter to the overall community teamwork success necessary to achieve our community goals.
- Align with Livermore Campus goals so they are effectively achieved every 90 days.
- Work at least one service on a weekend.
- Work closely with Community Organizational Process Leader.
- Mentor the spiritual and personal growth of your Leadership Team
Community Group Leadership
- Responsible for building and equipping a team of Area Community Leaders and Coaches who care for new and existing community groups.
- Equip and care for the Area Community Leader Team that will assist in caring for the leaders in their geographic area or affinity. Meet with them in a casual setting once a month.
- Equip and care for Community Coaches who develop, care, and encourage new leaders for the first six months of leading. Meet with them in a casual setting once a month.
- Gather Community Group Leaders twice a year for peer-to-peer learning with challenging group topics.
- Oversee corrective or disciplinary action when necessary for Community Group Leaders.
- Grow the community groups network by identifying and developing new potential community group leaders.
- Oversee the onboarding of new Community Group Leaders and assess their gifts and strengths.
- Engage in the development of ongoing leadership development based on the three-prong approach: Large Group Gatherings, Leader Connections, Individual Learning Resources.
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Training and experience in office systems and Central
- Excellent skills in communications, personal relationships, and writing
- Computer training and experience with word processing, the internet, and data systems (preferably MS Office)
- Regular, timely attendance in the workplace
- Able to identify potential volunteers, then lead and develop them
- Growing Christian evidenced by signed statement of faith from Cornerstone Fellowship
- An ongoing display of Christ-like behavior, treating others with dignity, respect, compassion, and integrity
- Regular attendance in ministry and worship at Cornerstone Fellowship
To Apply: Please send resume and cover letter to Lindaf@cornerstoneweb.org