Job Description for Minister of Children and Families at Hays Hills Baptist Church
Objective: To get Scripture into the hands, head, and heart of our children.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Facilitate Children’s Bible Life & Children’s Worship
- Lead a Wednesday night gospel-centered program for kids during the school year
- Lead Summer Wednesday Night Bible Study for children
- Facilitate relationship with our Christian Learning Center
- Provide oversight to preschool ministry
- Lead an event or major emphasis on missions for children annually
- Oversee a camp and/or VBS type experience for children annually
- Recruit and train volunteers
- Parent training & support
- Children’s discipleship / new believer training
- Children’s counseling – individual sessions as needed
- Children and family outreach - plan and oversee all children and family outreach activities
- Serve as staff liaison to MOPS
- Develop children’s ministry budget
- Manage children’s portion of the church communications
- Facilitate use of projector and soundboard in Bldg. A
Requirements: Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 2 years experience in Children's Ministry. Must affirm church covenant and BF&M 2000.
Preference for candidates with an M.A. in Discipleship and Family Ministry.
Total compensation: 49k