PLEASE APPLY HERE --> http://bit.ly/2CUu488
About the Organization:
Located in the heart of Golden Valley, Minn.—a first-ring suburb of Minneapolis—Calvary Lutheran Church’s mission is to lead people into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ. Calvary Lutheran Church is a community where people meet, show, and share
their love for our Lord and Savior and His mission, and are equipped to do God’s work in the world.
Calvary Lutheran Church was founded in 1946. Calvary Lutheran currently has a weekly attendance of 900+ and a roster of approximately 4,000 members. Calvary’s nine-acre campus features approximately 170,000 square feet of building space with a 1,000-seat
main Sanctuary and a 250-seat Chapel, as well as an outdoor recreational and worship space where summer services take place weekly. A four-floor tower houses meeting rooms, staff offices and a portion of the Early Childhood Center. Many community groups, ministries,
and educational organizations from the surrounding area utilize our space on a regular basis.
Calvary’s vitality is enhanced by our strong commitment to financial stewardship and missions. Our members’ generosity—paired with our staff’s diligence in expense management—resulted in a net surplus that allows the church to do great work for the Kingdom
of God, giving strong financial support to ministries locally and globally.
Denomination: Independent Lutheran Church
Location: Golden Valley, MN
About the Position:
Calvary Lutheran’s Senior Pastor will provide visionary and strategic leadership for the whole work of Calvary. He/she will preach and teach the Word of God; support Calvary's calling as a Lutheran congregation; participate in pastoral care ministries, and
work with the Executive Director who is responsible for implementing and coordinating the ministry of Calvary through ordained, program and support staff.
What We Are Searching For / Qualifications:
The following describes many of the characteristics of the ideal candidate for the Senior Pastor:
Candidate has, at a minimum, a Master of Divinity degree and possesses a thorough understanding and commitment to the doctrines of the Lutheran church.
Prior experience in a large congregation with a significant support staff is desired. The ideal candidate for Senior Pastor must be an excellent preacher, teacher and communicator, as well as a strong leader and visionary.
- Serve as primary preacher.
- Provide both weekly and long-term worship planning.
- Provide visionary leadership that allows Calvary to achieve its mission of leading people into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ and to be the hands and feet of Jesus in our immediate community and in the broader global church. The swift pace of
change in all segments of society demands a strong visionary leader who can orchestrate a high degree of ministry flexibility.
- Promote congregational stewardship and benevolence and provide leadership in giving.
- Attend to the spiritual health and development of individuals and families by providing pastoral counseling and/or connecting people to relevant resources, both in and outside of Calvary (e.g., classes, therapists).
- Direct and support the Executive Director in his/her role of clarifying and implementing the goals, objectives, and strategies for all Calvary ministries.
- Work with the Executive Director in developing individual and collective goals and objectives for each ministry consistent with the broader goals of Calvary and assist in the processes for evaluation and procedures for accountability in achieving such goals.
- Participate in the annual staff review process as agreed to with the Executive Director and Executive Committee. ?
- Play a leadership role in Calvary's organizational governance.
- Work effectively with lay leadership to achieve the mission of Calvary.
- Work closely with the Executive Committee and the Church Council to implement a vision for the future. ?
- Lead in administering the Sacraments. ?
- Conduct weddings, funerals, and baptisms. ?
- Maintain an awareness of and a presence at all levels of church activities.
- Represent Calvary by serving as a spokesperson among public audiences and the news media. ?
- Strive to grow in his/her own personal faith.
- Be open to taking part in relevant professional development opportunities as they arise and as Calvary is able to support. ?
Leadership & Vision
Candidate has a demonstrated ability to shepherd and grow a large, multi-generational congregation. He/she seeks to live out a Spirit-led vision for the Gospel consistent with Calvary’s mission to lead people into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
He/she possesses the following leadership capabilities:
- Biblical Foundation – Candidate firmly believes in the authority of Scripture and has demonstrated knowledge and competence using God’s Word to transform lives, to govern leadership decisions, to encourage personal faith growth within the congregation and
to guide ministry programs that thrive.
- Personal Characteristics – Candidate is committed to his/her own continued spiritual growth and leans heavily on prayer and the Holy Spirit for wisdom, guidance and strength. Candidate places a high value on integrity, has relationships of accountability
in his/her own life, and models stewardship with time, resources and talent. ?
- Heart for Mission & Outreach – Candidate possesses a passion and skill to effectively and prayerfully inspire and lead missional outreach to the surrounding community and around the world, as well as a vision for guiding effective ministries relevant to
all generations within the church.
- Evangelical Lutheran Focus – Candidate has a deep desire to reach all people with the Gospel, evidenced through their personal walk with Christ and through their prior ministry leadership journey.
The candidate possesses these leadership capabilities:
- Shepherding Leader – Exhibits a love and desire to know, feed, lead, and protect the congregation.
- Teaching/Preaching Leader – Exhibits demonstrated ability to preach with Spirit-led discernment, deep knowledge of God’s Word as truth and relevance, excitement and passion to reach, teach and motivate with humility.
- Bridge Building Leader – Possesses the desire and ability to care for, unite and guide across all generations.
- Directional Leader – Envisions and guides change with confidence, clarity and a positive, inclusive manner.
- Strategic Leader – Possesses the ability to break down a vision into achievable steps, to communicate with transparency, and to motivate involvement towards the achievement of the vision.
- Staff Management & Delegation – Candidate has experience providing effective leadership, accountability and vision for a large pastoral and lay staff, and does so with a spirit of humility. Candidate possesses the ability to delegate appropriately to an
executive director and to mentor and grow staff and lay leader talents with openness, trustworthiness and a spirit of collaboration.
About the Location:
Minneapolis / St. Paul, Minneapolis
St Paul (commonly referred to as “the Twin Cities”, is the largest metropolitan area in the state of Minnesota, and has a population of about 3.2 million. The Twin Cities provide an abundance of cultural, sports and history experiences to enjoy, along with
numerous lakes and extensive park systems for recreation.
Golden Valley, where Calvary Lutheran Church is located, is an inner-ring suburb of Minneapolis. Golden Valley is currently home to more than 20,000 residents, as well as many thriving organizations and business, most notably, General Mills, which is one
of the world’s largest food companies.
Nearly 40 percent of Golden Valley residents are age 55 and older, however the median age of the community is trending younger over time with younger people moving into the community given its convenient access to major highways and downtown Minneapolis.
Calvary Lutheran Church draws members and guests from throughout Minneapolis and the northwest metro, such as Plymouth (voted the Best Place to Live in America by Money Magazine), as well as numerous other suburbs.
PLEASE APPLY HERE --> http://bit.ly/2CUu488