We’re looking for someone whom God has called and anointed to lead others to the feet of Jesus in authentic worship through live events, recordings and personal interaction in a full-time capacity.
We want to grow as a church of regional, national and international impact, and we are looking for a gifted worship leader to help us achieve what we believe God has placed on our hearts.
You will have a passion for God and a desire to help lead our worship ministry and teams under the supervision of our Lead Pastor.
You will oversee the recruitment and the training of our worship volunteers, and provide input with the worship arts staff and volunteer teams in all areas that help enhance a Spirit-led atmosphere of worship so that our people consistently encounter and
respond to God deeply, with as few distractions as possible.
You will be a surrendered worshipper of Jesus Christ, with musical skills and godly character that enable you to lead audiences in surrendered worship in our large worship gatherings on Sundays and at other times and venues as well.
You will demonstrate both professional and personal excellence and be characterized by staying focused on the ministry goals and directives as communicated by the Lead Pastor. You must have a positive attitude, be led by the Spirit of God, and be a source
of encouragement for people involved in our worship arts ministry and throughout our church.
To understand more of what we’re looking for, click https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16lN0Cdi1ik to watch this brief video from our Lead Pastor.
God is moving at Grace Fellowship! Over 500 people have accepted Christ through our ministries in the past few years, and hundreds more have taken deeper steps of surrender to Him. This is no exaggeration.
Our Worship Arts Pastor will work under the direct supervision of our Lead Pastor who has
a passion to see people released into worship like never before. You must share this passion.
You must have a burning desire to leave an eternal legacy that greatly glorifies God by prioritizing the Great Commission in ways that bring Jesus Christ honor and glory.
Your other ministry leaders, tech teammates and musicians must respect you, find you reliable and see that you walk with Jesus Christ. You must be able to maintain confidentiality, and refrain from gossip, showing yourself to be spiritually mature and above
reproach, demonstrating trustworthiness.
You will need to know how to prevent conflict through good communication, and how to resolve conflict in godly ways should it arise. You will help organize and manage the worship ministry, including involvement in the interviewing, and training of potential
You will meet on a regular basis with ministry leaders for prayer and ministry discussion/evaluation for your input on continuing to move your area of ministry forward for the glory of God.
- You must possess personal integrity and an abiding walk of intimacy with God. You must be able to take others where you have personally gone, now are, and are going;
- You must agree with our Vision, Mission, Values, Doctrinal Statement and what we’ve written in the
Culture of Grace; you can view these documents at www.graceyork.com;
- You must have an obvious love for your spouse and children (if married and applicable);
- You must truly love people and be an organized person who is bent toward following through. It is vital that you are able to conceive, initiate and follow through with people and processes in the performance of your duties and ministry;
- You must be a godly and effective representative of Jesus Christ, Grace Fellowship and the Worship Arts Ministries as you live your life and fulfill your ministry before the Lord.
- You must walk with God, and be a daily student of the Bible, intentionally putting its teachings into action. You must have a good reputation outside the church, as well. You must be an example of a person whose life is a manifestation of pursuing Christ.
Education, Experience and Qualifications
- You must be genuinely humble, as demonstrated by a teachable spirit and the ability to work well with others, preventing and resolving conflict.
- You must have excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. You must have strong interpersonal skills and a demonstrated love for people.
- You must be a graduate from a reputable college, Bible college or seminary, with a minimum B.A. or B.S. degree. If you do not have a degree, we will consider commensurate experience in customer service and management.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ proven success in leadership in the area(s) of music in a ministry setting, with proven ability to screen, recruit, train and motivate volunteers.
- Experience casting and implementing vision in a mid to large-size church, or comparable experience. The ideal candidate will have experience in strategic planning, event planning, screening, recruiting and mobilizing volunteers and handling logistics.
- You must have experience creating annual ministry budgets, or the equivalent. You must be able to anticipate and procure resources and needs annually and handle additional needs that may occur throughout the year. You must be able to help develop and work
within a budget.
- You must have a strong track record of being self-motivated, organized and successful with little supervision, yet able to work excellently with the Lead Pastor and other ministry peers and leaders.
• Spiritual Leadership - You must demonstrate that you’re not only able to lead and inspire, but also serve with a submissive and joyful heart under those God has placed over you, most directly, the Lead Pastor. You would recognize that
you represent the Lord and him, as your ministry and job overseers, in all you do and say. You must be committed not only to your own walk with God but also concerned and intentional about knowing and caring about your teammates’ relationships with God.
- You will be responsible for recruitment and training and discipleship of those involved in worship ministry.
- You will train and lead volunteers to lead worship each Sunday.
- You will train, lead and assist worship leaders in planning worship sets.
- You will provide music charts for worship and special events, either through purchase or personal arranging.
- You will keep the worship teams in a state of “readiness” as the Spirit of God leads through you, your worship teams, and as the Lead Pastor may direct.
- You will direct the Audio and Video Leads in creating and producing arrangements and sound/lighting that truly enhances the worship environment.
- You will be encouraged to write new worship songs and song arrangements, and to encourage the same from other people in our worship ministry.
- You will put together special events and programs as planned throughout each year.
- You will plan and implement monthly leadership meetings, training events, etc.
- You will lead weekly (and other) meetings with the Worship Arts Staff.
- You will be committed to CQI (Continuous Quality Improvement)
personally and for those in your specific area of worship ministry. We should never be satisfied where you are in our progress but always seek to improve your skills before the Lord (Exodus 28:3,15; 35:10, 25; 39:3,8; 1 Samuel 16:16-18; 1 Chronicles 25:6-7;
2 Chronicles 26:15; Proverbs 22:29; Psalm 33; Colossians 3:23- 24).
- You will assist in strategic planning and church ministry evaluation meetings with the Lead Pastor and other pastors.
- You will participate in weekly Sunday worship evaluations designed to keep things fresh, centered on God and effective in leading people to the feet of Jesus.
- You will oversee the Worship Arts and Technical ministries budgets.
Your Next Steps
- Pray and ask God if He may be bringing us together. Please involve your spouse (if applicable) in the process.
- Submit a quality photograph of yourself and your spouse/family (if applicable).
- Submit a PDF version of your resume, with a cover letter
specifically outlining your interest and reasons for applying for this particular position.
- Submit the names and contact information of at least three (3) ministry references
who have at least twelve (12) months first-hand knowledge
of your experience as a Worship Leader and/or Worship Pastor in a church of at least 400 adults in a regular Sunday attendance.
References that do not meet these requirements will not be considered. We will not contact these references without your permission, and will only do so if we pursue your candidacy with us. We take your privacy seriously and will honor it.
- Provide video footage demonstrating your leading worship in a live setting.
- Send your information in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Upon further interest, you will be sent a preliminary questionnaire and be asked to complete a spiritual gifts and personality profile, to help determine your potential fit with us.