Position Title: Young Adult/Youth Pastor
Ministry Purpose: To support the teaching/reaching arm of Solid Rock church by investing in the young adults and students of Solid Rock to become fully committed followers of Christ. For our students; to assist parents in their role of
leading their kids in a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
Position Summary: For Young Adults. Creating relevant enviornemnts for young adults to connect with each other and to grow in thier relationship with Christ. For Students: Responsible for providing opportunities and coaching
for student outreach and discipleship, utilizing parents/sponsors as team members.
Ministry Team Relationships:
Accountable to: Senior Pastor
S.H.A.P.E. Profile/Qualifications Desired:
S – Leadership, Faith, Encouragement, Administration, Evangelism, Wisdom
H – Passion for Students, seeing them come to faith in Christ and grow in their relationship with God
A – Team Building, Effective Communication, Creativity, Strong Work Ethic
P – Energetic, Fun, Good listener, Engaging, People person, Encourager, Inclusive with others
E – Experience in leadership, working with Students, Engaging with parents, PC skills, Ministry Involvement
Minimum spiritual journey stage desired for effectiveness in this position:
New Believer 101 Member
Stable/Growing Believer Mature/Leading Believer
Critical Functions and Responsibilities:
1. Leading and planning young adult and youth services according to the mission, philosophy, and preaching themes of Solid Rock
2. Provide program planning for young adults and youth services.
3. Develop, oversee, and train Leaders.
4. Regularly evaluate young adult and youth program with regards to goals, strategy, and budget.
5. Develop plan for creating and implementing small groups for youth and young adults.
6. Develop and implement plan for campus outreach, mission’s trips, events, and activities for both young adults and youth.
7. Collaboration with parents, schools and community organizations.
8. Develop/Oversee process for assimilating new young adults and youth into the life of the young adult group and youth group.
9. Provide regular staff training and leadership mentoring
10. Lead Junior High School (6th-8th Grades) on Sunday Mornings (Spiritual/Relational Growth)
1) Candidate must have a 4 Year Degree from a Christian College with an emphasis in ministry.
2) Candidate must have a minimum of 3 years experience working in a growing ministry environment.
3) Candidate must be willing to have a background check.