Our church is growing quickly. We want someone who can lead and serve people with excellence and humility. You must be able to recruit, train and motivate volunteers as you model humble, strong leadership they can replicate, and consistently provide lighting
and camera experiences that are distraction free and facilitate worship and achieve our objectives. We’re not merely looking for an excellent technician. We’re looking for a humble leader with a shepherd’s heart, who has a passion to help a large church consistently
deliver outstanding environments where God can move among His people and help us see local, regional, national and international impact. In this position, you will oversee the recruitment and training of volunteers, and our entire sound and stage experience
for Sunday mornings and throughout the week, so that our people consistently encounter God deeply, without distractions.
Character & Gifts
• Strong history of loving God and people
• Humble, teachable spirit
• Steadfast, organized, loyal
• Self-starter, finisher
• Leadership with a shepherding paradigm
Experience & Passion
• Strong history of working well with people, leading teams
• Training and Experience in lighting and camera
• Aptitude and passion for quality camera and lighting technology and ministry
• A confirmed commitment to loving God and people in a large church
• Passion to ensure our equipment and people consistently operate with excellence, creating undistracted environments for God.
Your Potential Impact
Lighting can greatly enhance or hinder worship. As the leader of our Lighting/Camera ministry, you will have a powerful and direct role developing a humble culture that exalts God and facilitates large-scale surrender. You will oversee the technical aspects
of our sound and stage experience, but we also want you to follow our Lead Pastor and Worship Arts Pastor in helping to develop a culture that facilitates true spiritual awakening among our people. You will be a key influencer in helping us create environments
where God moves among us consistently, with as little hindrance as possible.
God is moving at our church! Hundreds of people accepted Christ through our ministries in the past three years, and hundreds more have taken deeper steps of surrender to Him. This is no exaggeration. We need a proven leader who will help us take our church
to its next stage of development in our Lighting & Camera department.
As our Lighting and Camera Lead, you will lead the way recruiting, training and shepherding our audio-stage volunteers so they are perpetually surrendering to God and providing excellent audio, and stage designs for our worship experiences and events. You will
work in one-on-one and group settings. You will work with volunteers who have a variety of training and experience with lighting and camera ministry.
The role of the Lighting and Camera Lead is to help our volunteers see themselves as missionaries who worship God by working our sound and helping set up our stage designs for maximum impact for worship. Whereas managers maintain systems and teams, leaders
inspire, train and grow teams and organizations. We need a proven leader who will take the initiative and help grow our church both in numbers and depth of intimacy with Jesus Christ by overseeing our lighting & camera needs and teams.
People must respect you, follow you, learn from you and replicate you and your walk with Jesus Christ. Our ministry leaders will need to know how to prevent conflict through good communication, and how to resolve conflict in godly ways should it arise. You
will develop and oversee people by developing and overseeing the processes and systems we use to deliver outstanding lighting and camera ministry for our worship experiences and needs.
You must be committed to leading people with a shepherding paradigm. You must love God and people, and have a history of demonstrating this consistently, while possessing a keen aptitude for sound and lighting. You will be entrusted with overseeing our lighting
and camera equipment that make our entire Sunday morning worship experience (and other events) succeed. The ideal candidate with be characterized by humility, a passion for lighting and camera excellence, and leading teams that greatly glorify God.
You will work under the direct supervision of our Worship Arts Pastor, whose heart is fully aligned with our Lead Pastor, who joined us in December of 2012. Both of these men have a passion to see people released into worship like never before. You must share
this passion. We need an experienced man or woman of God who sees himself/herself as a servant leader who facilitates unbridled worship by supporting the lighting and camera needs for our events. You must have a burning desire to leave an eternal legacy that
greatly glorifies God by prioritizing the Great Commission in ways that bring Jesus Christ honor and glory.
• You must be a born-again follower of Jesus Christ, with personal integrity and an abiding walk of intimacy with God. You must be able to take others where you have personally gone, now are, and are going.
• You must meet the spiritual qualifications of an elder found in 1 Tim. 3:1- 7 and Titus 1:5-9, because these qualifications demonstrate spiritual maturity. If a woman, you must meet the spiritual qualifications that apply to you. You must also agree with
our Vision, Mission, Values, Doctrinal Statement and Culture.
• You should be in shape physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually, prioritizing your own health so that you can run the race for Christ with the biblical mentality of a marathon runner.
• You must truly love people and be an organized person who is bent toward following-through. It is vital that you are able to conceive, initiate and follow-through with people and processes designed to make disciples.
• We want you and your family to be enthusiastic supporters of our ministry.
Experience & Traits
• You must possess a proven skills and experience in the following areas:
• You must have a proven track record of that demonstrates spiritual maturity, as detailed in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9. Your life must be characterized by spiritual maturity and the filling with the Holy Spirit.
• You must have experience successfully leading teams or have what we believe is the leadership DNA and humility and desire to be mentored, with a pastoral approach, so they excel and are unified. You must be a leader. You must be committed to and demonstrate
ability to lead people so that they are highly motivated to consistently excel and grow in their service to God and His people.
• You must be an organized self-starting leader who needs little supervision and works well with the pastors, Senior Staff, staff, volunteers and teams. You must work well with people, respect leadership, submit to authority and resolve conflict in godly ways,
should it occur.
• You must be able to develop, sustain, revise and oversee processes and train people so that our lighting and camera teams function with humility, unity and excellence so that God’s blessing is realized to the maximum.
Education and Aptitude
• You must have a passion for and good working knowledge of excellent lighting and camera ministry;
• You must have a teachable, humble spirit; ability to handle stress with spiritual maturity and conflict resolution skills.
Overview of Responsibilities
• You will lead and shepherd our lighting and camera volunteers so that our teams are humble, unified and passionate about Jesus Christ, ministering out of the overflow;
• You will ensure our lighting and camera equipment consistently function optimally and are manned with enthusiastic excellence by our volunteers;
• You will recruit, train and supply volunteers so equipment is consistently operated with distraction-free excellence;
• You will oversee, maintain, and anticipate lighting and camera needs and upgrades for or our facility, special events as they may occur in our building or as an off-campus ministry. Ensure all our lighting and camera equipment;
• You will stay current with trends and advances in lighting and camera technology so that our facility is on the leading edge of usage and delivery;
• You will create annual budgets our lighting and camera ministries, anticipating replacements, upgrades and new needs annually and as they may occur throughout the year;
• You will maintain and replenish inventory to provide lighting and camera reinforcement for all events as needed;
• You will manage lighting and camera equipment to ensure our events take place without hindrance. Facilitate equipment repairs, anticipate needs and fulfill them. Help volunteers to do the same, with excellence;
• You will participate in planning and creative meetings meets or exceeds operational excellence;
• You will conduct a weekly review video of services to evaluate video excellence and potential ways to improve;
• You will assist with event planning meetings and scheduling as pertains to lighting and camera needs;
• You will assist and anticipate major infrastructure needs and upgrades;
• You will work in coordination with the Audio/Stage Design Lead with technical needs from ministries as they arise with general technical needs and those in which both tech areas are required;
• As required, you will work in coordination with the Facilities Director on projects that would involve building support.
How to Apply
Simply send your cover letter and resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org, telling us why you think you are a good fit for this position. Please accompany your letter and resumé with three (3) professional references that help support your view that you would be
a good fit for this position. We’ll be in touch, anticipating God’s best!