Christ Community Church in Omaha, Nebraska is searching for a person who will be a driving leadership force in helping the church make more and more disciples of Jesus. The person in this position will be a dynamic leader with a heart and passion for evangelism
in the context of discipleship. He/she will work within the adult discipleship team to infuse evangelism into existing community groups (that we call Journey Groups) and Sunday morning experiences, as well as sparking new evangelistic movements through seeker
groups, classes, and outreach events.
About the Church:
The story of Christ Community Church began in 1921 in Omaha, Nebraska. Dr. R.R. Brown established the Omaha Gospel Tabernacle as part of the Christian and Missionary Alliance. In 1982 the name was changed to Christ Community Church, the current buildings
were completed, and God blessed the ministry with significant influence and growth. The current Lead Pastor Mark Ashton joined CCC in 2006 with a powerful vision to reach the city, the nation, and the world with the love of Christ. For 96 years, Christ Community
Church has been making disciples of Jesus for Kingdom impact. We have been seeking the deeper life in Christ and sending missionaries to the least-reached places on the planet. Over the years, we have seen kids raised to love Jesus, marriages restored, lost
people found, lonely people included, pain healed, hospitals built, pastors trained, and love poured out worldwide. Thousands have trusted Christ and grown to become ambassadors for Jesus in a needy world.
We’re Looking For Someone With:
- An authentic zeal and passion to reach lost people with the gospel of Jesus.
- Proven experience and established passion to make disciples, not only in evangelistic corporate settings but in one-on-one and small group relationships.
- A passion to equip disciples to make disciples. He/she will do this through training and mentoring leaders, as well as the congregation as a whole, to be able to effectively share the gospel as a part of their discipleship journey with Jesus.
- Communication gifts to be able to engage and train mid-sized and large groups effectively.
- The knowledge and experience in developing and training small group leaders as well as facilitating a large network of small groups in a growing church.
- A magnetic, outgoing personality who loves to engage those he/she doesn’t know and connect deeply with people he does know, all with the ultimate goal of making disciples.
- The ability to work on a team and collaborate with others.
- Humility, Godly character, and a commitment to the classic disciplines of the Christian faith (prayer, bible study, etc.)
- A doctrinal alignment with the core beliefs of the Christian and Missionary Alliance (http://www.cmalliance.org/about/beliefs/doctrine)
- Bachelor’s degree required; seminary education preferred but not required
- 3+ years of experience in pastoral and/or evangelism ministry
- Licensing with the C&MA
- Ability to provide clear spiritual direction for people and groups who are on all spectrums of the discipleship journey.
- Verbal and written communication skills for group content creation, teaching, vision-casting and training
- Relational Intelligence—outgoing, engaging, approachable; people-centric; especially able to identify, recruit and train leaders.
25% - Work with adult discipleship team to continually infuse the “making disciples that make disciples” vision into each group at CCC, including content development, leader training, and strategic direction needed throughout the year.
25% - Start and maintain groups and classes that reach and engage Seekers and engage New Believers with baptism and follow up.
15% - Develop and implement strategies that intentionally engages non-believers in the Omaha metro area, working with the lead pastor, discipleship team, programming team, and communication team to maintain a unified, collaborative effort towards evangelism
15% - Train and mentor 8 leaders per year to equip them to lead and mentor others
10% - Teach and equip disciples of Jesus at CCC to make disciples through consistent training classes and events
10% - Ministry Support (teaching, training, message team, staff meetings, all church initiatives)
Interested? Please email your resume along with answers to the initial interview quesitons below to email@example.com
1) Why are you seeking to change employment?
2) Why are you interested in Christ Community Church?
3) Describe you prior experience and alignment to the necessary skills portion of the job description.
4) Why are you drawn to evangelism ministry?
5) Describe your faith journey.
6) How would you characterize your relationship with Christ right now?
7) CCC schedules several "all hands on deck" events where all staff assists in some capacity for at least a couple hours. These include Christmas Eve, Easter Sunday, and summer concerts. Is this something that you would be able to do most of the time?
8) The position requires an average of 45-50 hours per week. Are there any reasons why you would not be able to adhere to this workload?
9) If not already included in your resume, please provide any personality assessment results you have taken (Gallup Strengths Finder, Myers Briggs).
10) If you have any links to teaching messages, please provide them here:
11) Are there any other questions you have at this time?
Other job opportunities at CCC can be found at cccomaha.org/jobs.