Westover Church is currently taking applications for the role of Westover Kids Pastor. This role will serve the Body of Westover by providing vision, management, and leadership for all aspects of ministry to children (nursery-5th grade). This is a great
opportunity for the right individual, as our kids ministry consists of a staff team of five, over 500 volunteers and up to 1,000 kids for programming & special events. The WK Pastor is supported by and reports directly to the Student Life Pastor. Interested
candidates should fill out an application on Westover Church's website, resumes will not be considered without the requested application.
- Vision planning and strategic partnering to execute programming, curriculum development and volunteer coordination efforts. Will also work closely as needed with other youth ministries at Westover.
- Leadership of the WK team (2 Directors/3 Associates) to accomplish team goals, encouraging excellence in their pursuit of God, one another, and the children in their care.
- Family Discipleship: Work alongside other Westover staff to encourage and equip parents to lead in the spiritual development of their children. Provide or keep parents informed of current resources and parenting helps for parent- centered discipleship.
- Teaching and preaching within the ministry area and (as applicable) the church body as a whole
- Service and Outreach: Work with paid and volunteer staff to reach out to children in the community (Neighborhood Bible Clubs, VBS, Family Night Outreach events, Awana, and the development of new initiatives.)
- Annual and ongoing budget management for ministry area, responsible for financial decisions and working within budget restraints.
- Meeting, training and planning with other pastoral staff. Pastoral duties including but not limited to counseling within the ministry area, baptisms, presentation in membership classes to promote the kids ministry, etc.
- Undergraduate degree (M.Div or advanced degree in related field preferred)
- Minimum of three years' oversight of a children's ministry with a size of at least 300 kids
- Strong organizational abilities, excellent communication skills, highly developed interpersonal skills, ability to multi-task, ability to train and facilitate classes.
- Supervisory skills such as coaching, mentoring, nurturing, holding accountable to ministry goals, and helping to create a reporting structure that works for the individual.
If interested in applying for this position, please complete Westover's employment application online. The online application allows applicants to upload a resume.