The Administrative Assistant at West Ridge Church provides assistance to the Lead Pastor and staff. Responsibilities include maintaining church records database and mailing lists, preparing letters and event postings, sermon slides and study guides, handling
invoices, ordering supplies and meals, oversee social media dialogue, bill payment, counting and recording funds, maintaining event calendar and ticklers, running presentation software for services, welcome visitors to the building, manage phone calls and
handle incoming and outgoing mail.
- Ability to interact with the public in a pleasant, personable and professional way.
- Strong clerical skills, including ability to proofread, edit and use word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and management software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, ProPresenter, Breeze ChMS).
- Ability to use and manage social media.
- Familiar with how to run photocopier, scan and fax features.
- Familiar with Google Calendar and ticklers.
- Familiar with bulk mail procedures.
- Ability to be a team player and work effectively on clerical projects in collaboration with others.
- Ability to pay attention to details and deadlines and to complete assigned tasks on time.
- Provide clerical assistance to the Lead Pastor and staff as needed or requested, including special events or projects.
- Proofread and edit (convert file formats) and print Corporate Prayer Guides, Life Group & Sermon Study Notes, Event Cards and other service and event materials.
- Prepare sermon slides (PowerPoint or Propresenter) for Lead Pastor.
- Update announcement placards on a weekly basis.
- Maintain Calendar of Events.
- Participate on Audio/Visual Team to run the computer for West Ridge Church services and events.
- Manage and maintain (Breeze software) church database, update contacts and mailing lists, records of dedications, baptisms, visitors, guests, members and track event participation.
- Assist in counting and recording of funds.
- Assist Treasurer with vendor payments by cutting checks and balancing transactions.
- Order supplies for office, kitchen (as needed), and custodial services.
- Maintain office supply storage.
- Count attendance for all services, and occasional events.
- Oversee volunteers who replenish sanctuary seating with pens, connection cards, offering envelopes and bibles.
- Oversee volunteers who prepare communion trays.
- Oversee Kitchen Ministry to assist in ordering meals. Oversee coordinators who schedule volunteer workers for activities related to events planned, sponsored or supported by West Ridge Church.
- Answer all telephone calls to West Ridge Church in a courteous, friendly and professional manner.
- Welcome visitors to the building and direct them to the appropriate staff person.
- Handle incoming and process outgoing mail. Provide support to all staff in printing and processing postcard mailers, correspondence and reports.
Position is directly supervised by the Lead Pastor and receives annual reviews from the Lead Pastor and/or Leadership Team. Position receives direction from the Lead Pastor on job responsibilities.