The Woodlands United Methodist Church is seeking a talented Copywriter to join our award-winning
creative team. Candidate must be creative, self-motivated, highly organized and able
to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. We are seeking someone who embraces
writing with passion and excitement in conveying the story of the Church through a spiritual
narrative. Candidate must have an exceptional eye for detail, the ability to find creative copy
solutions and must successfully interact with a wide variety of people and personalities.
• Persuasively communicate organizational goals in tone and language targeted at
• Edit existing text for clarity, grammar, typography and brand voice/tone.
• Work with leaders within the organization to craft written communiques in their
particular voice and tone.
• Excellent command of written English.
• Strong writing, editing and proofing skills in long-form, short-form and microcopy.
• Experienced in writing creative, effective, influential marketing copy.
• Very high attention to detail.
• AP Style Guide experience.
Relevant college degree and three to five years experience in a creative, professional
environment required. Proficiency in Word or other word processing software is required.
Experience with Adobe CS software (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign) is preferred but not
mandatory. Macintosh platform environment.
This is a full-time, permanent position. Competitive salary and benefits offered. Work hours
are 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Monday - Friday. Some weekends, evening and extended hours will
be required during Christmas, Easter and other special events. This position reports directly
to the Art Director.
Interested applicants may apply for this position one of two ways:
1. Email your resume, creative writing samples OR link to portfolio site (preferred) to
Scott Brinkmeyer, Art Director at
2. Apply online at our Creative Team website,
NO PHONE CALLS.
The Woodlands United Methodist Church (TWUMC) is a 13,000-member congregation located in suburban Houston, Texas.
TWUMC is a Methodist church offering 11 live worship services each week in three unique worship styles across two campuses.
Each Sunday, TWUMC webcasts three services (one in each style) live online. TWUMC offers dynamic Christian programs for
all ages, placing special emphasis on discipleship, missions and outreach. TWUMC also runs an accredited preschool, a private
elementary school, and a licensed counseling center. The TWUMC mission is to “Win people to Jesus Christ, disciple them in
faith, and help those in need.” Learn more at