Join our fast growing Children's Ministry as our JKIDS Operations Manager. The position reports to the Director of JKids and is responsible for recruiting, staffing, executing policies and procedures and assist with directing the Sunday, Wednesday Mid-Week
and VBS experience for JKIDS. This includes executing systems, structures, policies, and procedures for JourneyKids culture and environments. Lead other initiatives to develop spiritual formation in children and youth for church ministry, education or outreach.
Key responsibilities include:
- Recruit, train, schedule and coordinate volunteers (Nursery – 4th Grade)
- Provide orientation and training for new volunteers.
- Perform background checks for new volunteers and ensure existing volunteers background checks are updated as needed
- Connect with Team Leaders to establish plans and assure the effectiveness of the overall Sunday experiences including message content, group engagement and interaction and establishing a smooth process overall.
- Organize and prep for Sunday morning and curriculum
- Supervise and schedule volunteers/child care for Sunday mornings, and weekday meetings and ministries.
- Communicate consistently with parents as well as provide the tools they need for spiritual leadership.
- Work with the Family Ministries team on plans to connect with and equip parents of children in our church and community.
- Deliver clear, effective verbal and written communication continuously in order to inform and inspire; create community among volunteers
- Develop weekly and quarterly eNews publication and monitor social media
- Assist with coordinating and developing curriculum activities
- Coordinate and assist with developing and executing quarterly Family Experience.
- Develop and lead midweek programming
Nursery Specific responsibilities include:
- Responsible for assisting JKids Operations Director in developing, planning, implementing, and reviewing nursery policies to ensure quality care for children,
- Oversee the Nursery and ensure all volunteers are appropriate and have received background checks
- Monitor ratio of volunteers to children
- Support Nursery Coordinator with recruiting of volunteers
- Overseeing the care, maintenance, cleanliness, security and safety of the nursery area and equipment. ?
- Making sure facilities are always aesthetically pleasing to parents and children.?
- Serving as the point of contact for new families with nursery age children. Within two weeks, provide phone call or letter to welcome families and explain nursery operations.??
- Notifying Director of JKids of supplies that need to be purchased.?
New JKids Operations Manager will also perform the duties of the Kt-1
1st Grade Team Leader role on Sunday’s for the first several months as part of an overall onboarding and transition.
Team Leader Role Description
Team Leaders direct the Sunday experience for two grades consisting of 10-12 small group leaders, 2 coaches and 6+ leaders of Worship, Story and Environments for all services weekly. They connect with small group leaders, coaches and creatives to establish
plans and assure the effectiveness of worship experiences, message content, group engagement, and interaction, establishing a smooth process overall.
- Lead- Recruit, invest in and motivate team for best use of talents and resources
- Execute- Execute delivery of curriculum model and program to establish a smooth and engaging process with the best use of time, resources and people; execute weekly and toward end of quarter closing production, “The Story Experience” for
parents, extended family, and friends
- Communicate- Communicate weekly to teams and meet monthly:
- (1st Sunday 1-3p)
- Deliver clear, effective verbal and written communication continuously in order to inform and inspire; Create
community among team members
Must possess great leadership, communication and coaching skills to effectively recruit, lead and partner with volunteers. Must be a natural born teacher who understands how to inspire wonder, spark discovery and ignite passion in the hearts of children.
Character-passionate, strong work ethic, teachable, desire to grow, and spiritually mature