One Sentence Job Description: Helps people become firmly engaged in the life and ministry of TMCC!
Led By: Executive Pastor
Leads: Guest Services and Outreach Coordinators, Connect Group Coaches, and various other volunteers
FLSA Status: Exempt / Salaried
Hours/General Schedule: Regular, full-time; includes presence at most weekend gatherings
Key Results Areas (within first six months):
- Guest Services - Build key relationships, assess current systems & structure and develop a vision and plan for the teams and strategies that need to be built.
- Connect Groups – Build relationships with the Connect Group leadership team, work with the team to meet goals for a successful Fall launch, and create a plan to increase engagement with small groups.
- Deployment – Assess TMCC’s current system of getting people connected in First Serve opportunities and create an improved process.
- Creates systems and environments throughout TMCC where attendees “stick” and connect with other people (ex: placement & volunteer care system)
- Leads in growing a culture of radical hospitality by serving as TMCC’s Guest Services Director
- Collaborates with Executive Pastor to help guests connect with TMCC through Engage 101 and Engage 102
- Leads the Connect (small) Group ministry
- Oversees Deployment Ministry (internal and external volunteer pipelines)
- Leads and empowers Outreach Coordinator
- Serves as a member of TMCC’s Teaching Team
- Degree or equivalent education and experience in a related area
- Experience leading a Small Group ministry
- Proven experience developing leaders and high-performing teams
- Strong leadership and people skills with ability to motivate others toward becoming fully mature, disciples of Jesus Christ
- Experience using Church Management Systems, or ability/willingness to learn
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including good public speaking skills
- Strong understanding of and personal commitment to the Gospel and the discipleship process
- Possesses a high level of emotional intelligence and a warm, enthusiastic and relational personality
Preferred Professional Qualifications
- Ministerial degree
- Related experience in a non-profit setting and/or church of 750 or more
- Experience in the hospitality industry
- Proven experience leading connections & outreach functions for a growing church
- Expertise using church management systems such as FellowshipOne
- Must be a TMCC Ministry Partner or willing to become one within three (3) months
- Helps fulfill TMCC’s purpose, mission, vision, values, and axioms
- Cultivates a private life that bears godly fruit with the humility of one who is saved by grace; demonstrates the character and spiritual giftedness identified in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9
- Agrees with and adheres to the basic doctrines of faith as defined by TMCC’s Doctrinal Statement
- Adheres to traditionally accepted Christian ethic as defined in the Bible
- Has a heart for and strong call to serve the residents of this culturally diverse community of over 46,000 (including the neighboring military base)
- Maintains generally accepted casual business attire for TMCC and Sierra Vista
- Maintains confidential information and an environment that is free of unwholesome words and behavior
- Adheres to Christ’s example of being a servant-leader, putting the needs and well-being of others first while communicating honestly needs to fulfill responsibilities with excellence and joy
- Background check
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record
Much of the work for this role will be performed in a typical office setting where the noise levels are generally quiet. However, other components of the role require interacting with large groups of individuals in a fast-paced environment where noise and
stress levels may vary. The role requires ability to work a varied schedule including weekends and some evenings.
Requires ability to focus, analyze/interpret data, make quick decisions, and speak publicly. Also requires ability to perform basic office administrative functions including reading, typing, filing, copying and speaking on the phone.