One Sentence Job Description: Preparing the next generation to lead the church!
Led By: Executive Pastor
Leads: Children’s and Student Ministry Coordinators
FLSA Status: Salaried/exempt
Hours/General Schedule: Regular, full-time; typically on-site for all worship gatherings, Sunday evening student ministry gatherings & special events
Key Results Areas (within first six months)
- Children’s Ministry - Build key relationships with coordinators, assess current systems & structure and develop a vision and plan for the teams and strategies that need to be built.
- Student Ministry – Build relationships with coordinator and leadership team, assess current systems & structure and develop a vision and plan for the teams and strategies that need to be built.
- Creates and maintains a safe, clean, and fun environment for children and students to enjoy coming to know, love, and serve Jesus
- Selects (or develops) gospel-centered curriculum for children, middle- and high-school students
- Builds, trains, and cares for a growing children’s & student ministry volunteer teams that disciple children & students in small groups
- Develops bridge events throughout the year that help families connect with each other, engages new families, or supports other high-level TMCC objectives
- Leads 1-2 whole group (student) gatherings per month designed to help students know, love and serve Jesus
- Serves as a member of TMCC’s teaching team
- Degree in children/family ministry or a related field, or equivalent education and experience
- Previous experience leading a large children’s and/or student ministry, including leadership of ministry staff and/or a large volunteer team; small group experience preferred
- Experience in developing strategy for and designing/developing children’s & student ministry curriculum plans & programs
- Prior experience in creating and delivering theologically sound and gospel-centered sermons/messages
- Training in child & adolescent development
- Previous experience using church management and scheduling systems
- Excellent problem-solving and conflict resolution skills