Title: Communications Director at Peninsular Christian Church
Reports to: Senior Pastor
Classification: Full-time (40+ hours weekly)
Salary: $40,000-$45,000 annually based on experience
About Us: Peninsular Christian Church (aka PCC) is a multi-ethnic, multi-generational gathering of approximately 175+ weekly worshippers where many small groups exist including a youth group. PCC is located in South Tampa which is a growing,
diverse community of families with children. PCC has a vision to reach the community both in missional servitude and through personal, invitational evangelism. We know that PCC is burgeoning on a revival and we would like you to join us for the blessings that
are present and yet to come!
Description: The Communications Director will create, organize, plan and implement effective communications messages and strategies for/with church and community audiences. The individual will support church and ministry leaders in conveying
their vision and communications priorities to appropriate audiences.
Skills, Gifts and Talents:
- LEADERSHIP: Leader, big-picture planner, ministry partner, coach and motivator. Lead and manage other staff and volunteers to implement communications strategies. Provide leadership and management in the area of external/internal communications and marketing
through print and electronic vehicles for the church.
- COACHING/TRAINING: Educate people about procedures and processes for communicating church messages. Meet them where they are in their level of understanding and help them come to know what we do and why we do it and how they can contribute to the overall
effectiveness of church communications.
- CREATIVITY: Continually look for ways to communicate existing church-wide and ministry programs in creative ways that will evoke a response from the congregation and community.
- MARKETING/PUBLIC RELATIONS: Assess and determine the most effective ways to communicate a message to its intended audience.
- ORGANIZATIONAL/PLANNING: Understand vision cast by leadership and organize communications messages in a way that best reflects church priorities.
- RELATIONAL: Sit at the table with leadership and act as an advocate for creative and clear communications. Connect with ministries on a personal face-to-face and regular basis to understand their ministries’ needs and wants.
- COMPUTER PROFICIENCY: Must be extremely comfortable working with computers. Ability to take on basic design work.
- WRITING: Adapt written text to match the medium through which it is being communicated. Communicate clearly and effectively using the written word.
- DESIGN: Knows or can quickly learn and direct basic design principles utilizing software such as Adobe Photoshop and InDesign.
- Work with church and ministry leaders to develop communications processes and define priorities to create an environment in which messages can be communicated clearly, creatively and effectively.
- Work with church and ministry leaders to define, develop and effectively communicate messages to church-wide and specific audiences.
- Solicit information from church and ministry leaders to organize and plan communications messages in a timely manner.
- Create, organize, plan and implement effective communications messages and strategies to church and community audiences, including video vignettes of ministries.
- The individual will support church and ministry leaders in conveying their vision and communications priorities to appropriate audiences, through social media, video and photography.
- Serves as air traffic controller, keeping communications requests on time and on budget.
- Cultivate, lead and manage a team of communications ministry volunteers (writers, photographers, videographers, designers, etc.).
- Work with church and ministry leaders to develop communications messages to reach those not currently associated with the church, including marketing materials and signage.
- Create and implement a strategy for becoming more visible in the community.
- Write and edit communications messages for use in various mediums and audiences.
- Keep ears open to stories of life-change within the church.
- Develop ways to creatively communicate those stories via video, interviews, newsletter, social media, etc.
- Facilitates proactive communications ideas, calendaring, and church-wide and ministry-specific initiatives.
- This individual is a visionary with a contagious spirit to see how the church can be concise, clear and creative in their communications.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating the website on a regular basis and serves as the Webmaster for church’s website and social media handles.
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- This individual will serve as the “eyes” for all things print and electronic, looking for clear communication, brand presence and consistency.
- Is current on creative, communications and technological trends and looks for opportunities to use this information to more effectively communicate with the community and church family.
- Act as an effective public relations point person for all church communications to media outlets
- Bachelors in Design, Marketing, Communications, Business or similar degree.
- Experience using Adobe Suite
- Experience managing social media
- Experience in web design and maintenance
Submit a portfolio of as much of the following as possible:
- Logo creation
- Print handout(s)
- Visual slide(s)
- Website design
- Social media link