PLEASE APPLY HERE ---> http://bit.ly/2yn65Mk
About the Organization:
Highlands Community Church began as an outreach by other Protestant churches to reach a new community, built quickly to support the war effort. Officially formed as a church in 1946, it has moved from children’s programs in a community center to one of the
largest churches in the Renton area, along with a campus in neighboring Kent.
Highlands Community Church has always had a relentless focus on seeing lives changed through the message and hope of Jesus Christ, and that vision continues. Today, Highlands Community Church is a thriving non-denominational, multi-generational, Bible-teaching
church that is dedicated to bringing the hope and healing of the Gospel to a broken world by helping people find and follow Jesus.
Location: Renton, WA
About the Position:
Highlands Community Church seeks a dynamic and gifted Lead Pastor to join the team to bring fresh leadership by effectively leading a growing number of committed leaders, staff, and members to a passion-filled walk with Christ.
What We Are Searching For / Qualifications:
The following describes many of the characteristics of the ideal candidate for the Lead Pastor:
- Minimum bachelor's degree
- Highly desire masters level Bible degree
Experience & Skills
- Has experience to step into a role of this size and scope with strength.
- Has been a lead pastor (or equivalent), or has had significant leadership experience in a large church.
- Knows how to lead people, grow teams, cast vision, and direct an organization.
- Can catalyze and motivate people by casting a compelling vision and working a strategy to move the church into the future.
- Delegates by setting clear expectations.
- Tackles confrontation appropriately and purposefully.
- Collaborative leader (not command and control).
- Sensitive to the needs of a multi-generational church.
- Agrees with Highlands statement of faith and key theological positions.
- If married, a strong marriage to a spouse who celebrates ministry.
- Appreciates and committed to an elder governance model.
- Effective preaching and teaching skills.
- Models Christ-like behavior, practices personal disciplines.
- Manage his own time well and models a healthy work-life balance.
- Meets the biblical requirements to be an elder and serves on the Elder Board.
- Maintains daily devotional life of prayer, Bible study and Scripture meditation.
- Actively building friendships with the lost and shares his faith.
- Attends regularly scheduled management team meetings, staff and elder retreats.
- Is involved in intentional discipleship within the church.
- Will remain current in his area of ministry through ongoing education.
Philosophy of Ministry
The next Lead Pastor at Highlands will embrace a ministry model that believes:
- Children's ministry is intentional, age-appropriate, and relational (i.e. more than just teaching).
- The primary job of staff is to equip people for ministry.
- Preaching is a team approach, primarily expositional, always relevant.
- In a commitment to staff development with ongoing education.
- Music style should be intentional in reaching those ages 20 to 40.
- In prioritizing the next generation while engaging all generations.
- International missions should be focused on church planting, reaching the unreached, and partnering with nationals.
- The church should be focused on engaging our community for Jesus.
- Discipleship of all ages should be intentional, relational, and focused on helping people find and follow Jesus (with an emphasis on small groups).
- In making leadership development a priority.
- That a balanced, functional, and modern facility helps to accomplish our mission.
- In the value of multisite as an intentional strategy of one church in multiple locations to accomplish our mission.
About the Location:
Renton, Washington, is part of the Seattle metropolitan area and straddles the southeast shore of beautiful Lake Washington. Renton is a vibrant city and is home to over 100,000 residents, making it the 8thmost populous city in the state. The
city is also home to the National Football League’s Seattle Seahawks’ training facility and has a final assembly plant for Boeing Commercial Airplanes. The greater Seattle metro area includes a thriving tech sector that employs many of HCC’s members and attendees,
including Microsoft, Amazon, Google, Expedia and other growing international businesses. Renton is just a quick drive from the beautiful Pacific coast, Cascade Mountains for hiking and skiing, and offers plenty of recreational activities for the family. Highlands
Community Church also has a thriving campus in Kent, which borders the southern part of Renton.
Family life resembles most towns that are located near a major metro area of the U.S. The community boasts excellent schools, as well as abundant parks and outdoor activities. Area residents enjoy all the benefits of city living, along with easy access to
water and mountain activities in a naturally beautiful environment.
Renton is a diverse city with a small town feel, but with access to all that a big city offers. Renton is undoubtedly a wonderful place to live and raise a family.
PLEASE APPLY HERE ---> http://bit.ly/2yn65Mk