The Minister to Children/Preschool & their Families is responsible to the Pastor, the Personnel Committee, and the church for developing, implementing, and maintaining a dynamic and comprehensive ministry to all children, their families, and ministry leaders,
from birth through grade 6, that is a safe, loving, and good environment where children and their families can experience and connect with God.
Educational and experiential background can vary, but a minimum of 3 years experience working in a leadership role in this area of ministry is required.
This individual must
- Be a dedicated Christian, demonstrating a clear call by God to serve in this area of ministry.
- Be spiritually mature, committed to mainline evangelical doctrine, and the Baptist Faith and Message, continuing to grow spiritually and nurture their soul.
- Have a heart for children, pointing children to Jesus Christ, and teaching them about following Jesus’ teachings.
- Cultivate and maintain a spirit of cooperation with the staff, members of NBC, and all of the part-time paid staff and volunteers.
- Be an able administrator, overseeing budgets, calendar planning, acquisition/use of resources, evaluate curriculum, and developing leaders to serve in the preschool/children’s area of ministry. People skills are critical!
- Pass all appropriate background checks and become a member of Northside Baptist Church.
- Be energetic and maintain a positive spirit at all times. Demonstrate a passion for excellence.
- Lead in special areas related to children’s ministry – Vacation Bible School, Church Camps, Easter activities, Trunk or Treat, family events, etc.
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Pastor
A more detailed job description is being created and will be available at a later date to qualified candidates. This job description can be altered somewhat by the specific gifts and passion of the successful candidate. Generous compensation.
Please submit resume, cover letter, and statement of faith to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also mail it to: Pastor Rick Lamb, Northside Baptist Church, 2800 North Beaton Street, Corsicana, Texas 75110