To lead children into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ by cultivating exciting, caring, and engaging environments where they can discover how God's Word can change their lives and how they can build friendships that will last.
The Children’s Pastor will report directly to the Families Pastor.
- The Children’s Pastor will be responsible for areas of church life at Upward Christian Fellowship pertaining to children birth through 5th Grade, as well as their families.
- This individual will oversee the development of the Upward Kids ministry, as well the recruitment, training, screening, and support of all Upward Kids Leaders.
- This individual will seek to build teams to ensure that every child who sets foot on our campus feels welcomed, loved, and valued. Whether it be a child check-in attendant or classroom teacher, every team member will be well equipped by our Children’s
Pastor to accomplish this goal.
- The Children’s Pastor will be an individual who operates as a leader of leaders! In other words, we expect that this individual will know how to multiply themselves by identifying the gifts and the skillsets of those around them, seeking to develop and
release them to do the work of ministry.
- Evidence of solid personal/spiritual disciplines.
- 3-5 years leadership experience in a church with a weekly attendance over 500 is preferred.
- A Bachelor’s Degree is Required.
- Doctrinal Agreement is a must. Please see our website for more - http://ucf.cc/ourbeliefs
- A solid calling to serve as a supporting pastor.
- A clearly articulated passion for children and children’s ministry.
- Ability to self-evaluate, willingly embrace, and implement the team’s initiatives and positively respond to constructive feedback.
- Strong communication and administrative skills.
- Ability to lead, interact with, and influence a diverse array of cultural and educational backgrounds.
Please send a cover letter and resume, with references, to email@example.com.
Your cover letter should include: Why you are interested in this particular position. Why you would feel comfortable relocating to Western North Carolina. Distinctives that would set you apart as a candidate for this position.
ONLY submissions sent to the above email address with a resume, references, and cover letter, will be considered. If you have any other documentation or links, including teaching samples, that you would like to share please feel
free to do so.