We are a medium sized Baptist church on the Westside of Cincinnati, looking for a part-time worship leader. We sing a blended set of both contemporary and traditional or hymns. Our practices are held on Wednesday evenings. Fluency in Proclaim and Planning
Center preferred, but not necessary.
Principle Function : The Worship Leader is responsible for the planning, conducting, and promotion of the music and worship programs.
Position Qualifications :
- A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing relationship with Him.
- Be like minded in Doctrine.
- An unbridled passion to allow God’s people to experience him in worship.
- A strong moral character, healthy self-esteem and a reputation of financial responsibility.
- Prior experience as a worship leader preferred.
- Proficiency on either the guitar or piano.
- Ability to effectively lead worship vocally.
- Lead the church in planning, conducting, and evaluation of a comprehensive ministry of music and worship.
- Provide worshipful music for all services, including special occasions where services are needed, cooperating with the pastor and other leaders in the selection of suitable music.
- Direct the praise team in weekly practice and in performances and more when indicated.
- Encourage growth and development of musical talents and abilities in the church for the purpose of a music ministry.
- Oversee the leadership/facilitation of all music groups from children to adults, ensuring appropriate music selection.
- Supervise instrumentalist and vocalists.
- Coordinate and plan worship services in cooperation with the Senior Pastor and other Church Staff
- Work with church staff to make sure elements of worship are coordinated and planned in a timely manner.
- Participate in workshops, seminars or continuing education to advance their ministry skills
- Attend all regular and called staff meetings.